This position requires:
- Travel between communities spending the majority of each day in the field working with the Sales Counselor providing intensive and on-going coaching, training, and feedback.
- Regularly visiting and inspecting sales offices and communities for improvement opportunities.
- Regularly reviewing sales goals and evaluating performance against these goals at a community and individual performer level.
- Regularly reviewing sales numbers (price, inventory, backlog, etc.) and use them to evaluate the effectiveness of your sales and incentive programs.
- Regularly reviewing competitors and market research and serving as an internal expert on both new and used home product in assigned markets.
- Regularly sourcing and identifying talent in the market and building a pipeline for future growth.
- Regularly reporting and communicating to other departments and functions, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience in the homebuilding industry.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Lead Sales or Sales Management role required with a heavy emphasis on coaching and training.
- Experience in coaching, managing, and mentoring a sales staff in a public homebuilding environment is highly preferred.
- Must have a North Carolina RE License.
- Complete understanding of the sales process and the selling cycle as it relates to the new home sales environment.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills - must be effective at providing detailed and specific feedback to staff to equip them to meet identified business goals.
- Self-directed; takes initiative, pro-actively addresses problems and can work with minimal oversight. Must be effective at giving and receiving feedback.
- Strong software skills; must be fluent in all Microsoft Office. Experience in CRM's; Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to evaluate data (Enterprise One Reports, Market Research Data, etc.) accuratly, with attention to detail, while staying clearly focused on the big picture to make business decisions.
- Ability to influence others, negotiate outcomes, and articulate action plans to sales staff, as well as, internal and external customer groups.