The Division Quality Technical Leader drives change through the organization to ensure consistency throughout the division. Establishes strategy, develops gap plans and deploys changes globally. Leads and supports division wide teams to solve technical problems.
- Develop quality strategies for global standardization
- Lead global team to deploy standardization
- Apply technical problem solving skills to complex situations
- Partner with plant and division engineering teams to determine root cause of technical challenges
- Support division level change management
- Measure progress to the objectives in the roadmap; initiate corrective actions to achieve high performance/stretch goals
- Lead division level projects to support critical quality initiatives
- Drive continuous improvement:
- Define and implement quality system metrics in the division roadmap.
- Lead or sponsor project teams to drive improvement in division objectives utilizing continuous improvement methodologies; including DMAIC, Lean, PQA, Manufacturing Engineering Excellence, Error proofing.
- Provide coaching and/or facilitation of methods and tools or establishment of metrics.
- Identify and transfer best practices throughout the division or across divisions.
- Advance Quality in the Market:
- Cultivate customer and supplier relationships to refine product requirements and identify future market needs.
- Collaborate with innovation, commercial, technology to drive industry standards towards a competitive advantage, and assess changes in standards for internal compliance.
- Report Quality metrics, and provide key input in the development of roadmaps for implementation/improvement of key elements. Provide updates to business leadership and Corporate Quality.
- Build an effective network including Engineering, Manufacturing, Commercial, Product Engineering, Division Quality, Global Supply Management, and Regulatory Affairs.
- Advocate Quality practices and requirements to all departments, locations and functions.
- Product Quality Architecture: Bronze/Silver/Gold Certifications
- External quality measures: customer returns/complaints, customer satisfaction
- Internal quality measures: first pass yield, rework levels, non-conforming restrictions, CAPA metrics • Product capability: attribute capability to specifications
- Cost of Quality: per corporate definition to all required elements
- Performance Excellence metrics in alignment with Corporate Quality
Travel Requirements: Some travel should be expected domestic and international, dependent on project assignments and reviews. Typical travel requirement is 10-15%.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40 plus hours, highly likely flex time and off hours is possible to support project assignments, meeting schedules and business calls in international time zones.
Required Education and Years and Area of Experience:
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline or statistical (ceramic, materials, or chemicalpreferred)
- 10-15years’ experience in manufacturing, engineering or development