Division Pricing Support Analyst
Under limited supervision, the analyst is responsible for advanced pricing research and analysis and provides pricing recommendations to maximize revenue and profit for Motion's products and services. Manages and updates pricing databases to track current and historical pricing of the company's products. Develops pricing strategies to meet customers' needs while providing a profit for the organization. Determines core business costs of service in support of pricing development. Designs, implements and maintains pricing infrastructures. Provides reporting and documentation of pricing structures and serves as the point-of-contact for pricing inquiries from internal sales department. Suggests variation in prices. Responsible for undertaking activities associated with improving market access and profitability for a range of Motion's products and services.
- Analyzes customer usage and historical pricing on accounts to prepare a recommended pricing structure.
- Manages existing pricing structures for various types/sizes of accounts. Communicates with supported areas and personnel to get approval to load pricing for each account over a defined maximum per year in annual usage.
- Uses pricing tools to load each of these customers' pricing matrices.
- Work with management to review/implement pricing programs.
- Manages/removes customers from databases as needed.
- Summarizes information and develops complex reports. Evaluates effectiveness of pricing strategies and modifies pricing structures as needed.
- Communicates a pricing and margin plan to all supported areas as determined by management.
- Provides supported areas a list of line items where the recommended pricing structure was not followed, investigates/recommends changes to pricing algorithms to increase compliance.
- Evaluates usage for accounts, establishes pricing files and adjusts item pricing as needed.
- Keeps track of all expiration dates for all special pricing programs.
- Obtains and manages dates and amount of all supplier price increases.
- Evaluates customer impact and updates pricing structure as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree plus 5-7 years of related experience or equivalent combination.
- The position must have a financial analysis background and be able to develop advanced spreadsheet models, charts, graphs, and develop key performance indicators (KPI's) to track pricing effectiveness.
- Must be analytical and detailed-oriented
- Must be proficient or able to become proficient with a variety of software programs and tools, pricing analysis and other pricing methodologies including proprietary tools and methods
- Excellent excel skills required
- Excellent communication skills required
- Must be able to discretely handle sensitive and highly confidential information