Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products.
Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Division Manager – Distributor and Utility Sales, to join our Golf team in Kennesaw, GA. In this role, you will be responsible for directing and coordinating activities involving the sales and marketing of manufactured products, and services for Distributor and Utility sales channels.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Direct, coordinate, and review activities in sales, service, accounting and record keeping of YGC sales team.
- Review shipping, receiving and turn rates of YGC products for potential efficiency improvements.
Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
- Assess marketing potential of new and existing locations considering statistical data, profitability and expenditures.
- Recommend Dealer changes and new locations within Distributor territory.
- Plan, organize, direct and control the functions of the Distributor Sales Division through subordinates at the Regional Sales Manager level and with the Utility/Industrial Unit Manager.
- Forecast and manage Distributor and Utility Sales budget, new car inventory and new car production from YMMC.
- Monitor profitability while assisting the Regional Sales Group, Customer Support Group, Accounting and Export Sales departments.
- Follow department guidelines as they are developed and periodically updated by management.
Attend various functions like, but not limited to, The PGA, Golf Industry, Golf Inc, CMAA, NGCOA Shows, annual Business Meetings and various Distributor events.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. College or Industry Experience Preferred.
- At least four years’ experience in leading a sales team.
- Experience with selling into a captive Distributor/Dealer channel is required.
- Experience in selling products in the utility vehicle area, or similar markets, and setting up new sales channels focused in the industrial, agricultural and “hobby farmer” segments is also preferred.
- Computer Skills, MS Office, Excel, Power Point. Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Prior Sales or Sales Management Experience. Experience with the Golf Industry preferred but not necessary.
- Ability to travel both by auto and flights will be necessary.