The Division Manager will plan, organize, direct, and control the execution of company and supplier programs through assigned Sales Representatives to achieve optimum sales volume and ensure effective presentation of supplier brands; and to ensure the proper training of Sales Representatives while communicating effectively to management.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support needed to attain the commitment and motivation of all team personnel.
- Take a major role in providing education, information, and direction to assigned division.
- Manage the teams hiring and selection process, coaching, and issuance of corrective discipline.
- Plan time and activities to ensure achievement of company and supplier established goals and sales objectives within assigned accounts.
- Work in conjunction with Director, Assistant Division Manager, Brand Development Manager, and Sales Representatives to ensure effective execution of distribution, back bar presence, POS, drink features, staff training, promotions, pricing, programming, premium wells, catering, kitchen, wine list and wine by the glass.
- Work to ensure marketing structures are aligned (I.E. pricing, combos, flexes, incentives, etc.)
- Develop monthly, weekly and daily written plans for execution.
- Gain knowledge of key customer’s business operations and coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the company’s products to each.
- Coordinate multi-level, multi-department interface in larger properties various activities.
- Effectively service and merchandise assigned accounts.
- Be involved in activities with and around their accounts (IE: committees, functions, charityevents, etc.)
- Develop an effective partnership with accounts by building relationships and becoming the primary contact for the ultimate decision maker in assigned accounts.
- Have extensive knowledge of the company’s products.
- Sell concepts and consult with the customer on strategies that will collectively enhance both business models.
- Communicate issues, opportunities and market intelligence with appropriate management through written, electronic and verbal means.
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate territory and account records.
- Submit prompt and accurate reports.
- Monitor inventory levels, vintage dates, and out of code product for assigned portfolio.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- This position is required to serve as information resources for, and conduits between, the field, Senior Management, and client partners.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university in related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years of sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry.