Ardent Health Services invests in people, technology, facilities and communities, producing high-quality care and extraordinary results. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Ardent’s subsidiaries own and operate 31 hospitals in seven states with more than 25,000 employees including 1,150 employed providers. Ardent facilities exceed national averages in Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating as ranked by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; 89 percent of its hospitals received a three-star rating or above in comparison with 73 percent of all hospitals ranked. Five of the company's hospitals were recognized by Modern Healthcare as "Best Places to Work" in 2018 - the eleventh consecutive year an Ardent facility made this list. Ardent's corporate office was named "Top Work Places" for Nashville based companies in 2017 and 2018.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our contract management team as a Manager, Contract Management focused on one of our divisions.
Under limited supervision, this position will manage activities to ensure propriety of payments received and contractual allowance recorded for all payers performing the following duties:.
- Manage the software system that contains all payer contracts and calculations of expected reimbursement.
- Provide decision support to management as needed for new and or changing reimbursement rates.
- Monitor and oversee processes at facility level for payment verification activities.
- Ensure all contracts are loaded with proper terms in the contract management system for the Division.
- Participate in peer review auditing across markets.
- Review outcomes of payment verification for all payers monthly for the division for summary reporting.
- Assist facility personnel in corrective actions for variances identified in reconciliation process.
- Monitor contracts log for progress with contract loads/audits in the contract management system and provide support with contract interpretation of contractlanguage to analysts for loading of contracts.
- Provide inter-departmental support to other corporate departments needing information from the contract management system.
- Assist in education of users of systems utilized for payment verification process.
- Maintain working knowledge of current contract management system, patient accounting and general ledger systems.
- Maintain appropriate certifications for contract management system.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred
- Relevant work experience in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree will also be considered
- 7+ years Payer Reimbursement and Contract Management experience, emphasizing heavy experience with Medicare and Medicaid
- Supervisory experiencepreferred
- Analytical ability to identify variances in the reconciliation process of payer logs to patient accounting. Working knowledge of software tools.
- Ability to work with facility level staff to monitor the corrective actions identified in the reconciliation process.
- Organizational skills required to monitor work flow for analysts in the department.
- Knowledge of reimbursement methods for all payers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.