This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual to play an integral part in the development of our newest office in Charlotte, NC. Candidates for this position can expect to manage multiple employees consisting of both engineers and drafters, interact with Division Managers from other offices, represent BPA in their local market, and help guide the direction and success of the Charlotte office.
- Perform analysis and design for buildings of various sizes and complexity utilizing all construction types
- Prepare calculation packages for internal review and submittal to applicable jurisdictions
- Ensure project designs are completed in accordance with a variety of building codes and local amendments
- Develop an understanding of and gain experience with BIM/Revit
- Communicate and interact with clients in a manner that provides an exceptional experience
- Assist in providing direction to part timeinterns/co-op staff
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with structural emphasis
- Registered PE with a minimum of 10 years of work experience in commercial, retail, office, multi-family, hospitality, and education.
- Experience in managing a team and multiple concurrent projects
- Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Proactive attitude to follow up and pursue business opportunities