Engineered Components has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for an experienced Division Manager to lead and manage its Associated Spring - Corry Division. The Division Manager, AS-Corry, will have full responsibility for the P&L of the business and lead and direct the manufacturing, sales, procurement, quality, finance, engineering and new product introduction (NPI) efforts for the division. The right candidate should be an impact player, with a proven track record of performance, understands the business and organizational implications of decisions and displays an orientation toward driving profitable growth. He or she should have a proactive leadership style and approach, the ability to lead by example and work collaboratively, in alignment with our corporate values. Leveraging our Barnes Enterprise System (BES), the business leader should be able to effectively champion initiatives to drive productivity through the effective implementation of Commercial, Operational and Financial Excellence, as well as promote and support our enterprise-wide strategic enablers of Innovation and Talent Management. If you are a high-energy, motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please submit your name and credentials for further consideration.
- The Division Manager has full responsibility and accountability for leading the AS-Corry business, and managing the financial results (targets for revenue, profitability, cash flow, etc.) through the effective leveraging and utilization of the Commercial, Operational and Financial Excellence business processes within BES.
- Works collaboratively with Sales, to develop and execute the growth strategy to drive increased profitable sales for applicable products and services, while maintaining the highest standards of customer support and performance.
- Possess a track record of planning and directing the overall activities of the plant that meets/exceed established performance metrics along with business goals for safety, environmental stewardship, growth, profitability, quality and delivery of products to customers, and customer satisfaction in alignment with the business strategy, vision and BES (our total operating system).
- Leads by example and has a demonstrated leadership in hiring and developing strong teams via Talent Management principles and processes. Recruits, develops and retains qualified talent to help run the business today and position the business for success in the future.
- Examines, understands and challenges existing operating methods, budget spending, capacity planning, labor efficiency, material efficiency, engineering effectiveness, customer service, and order entry efficiency, along with resource/manpower utilization to ensure efficient resource planning.
- Leverage the full complement of technology and innovation to support the performance of the business. Collaborates on enterprise-wide innovation efforts and produce integrated programs, products and services that can be leveraged and marketed.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of operations, manufacturing/engineering experience. At least 5-7 years of experience of effectively leading and managing people. A proven track record of implementing and successfully executing strategies to build and sustain a high-performance work environment. Demonstrated Project Management skills, and prior experience with NPI and business development.
- Prior customer facing experience. Demonstrated ability to build relationships internal and external to the organization with a focus on meeting or exceeding customer service expectations.
- Knowledge of and working experience with Lean Enterprise concepts and tools including flow design, capacity analysis, and root cause and corrective action requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership effectiveness. Must be an effective change leader; balances consistency with flexibility and willing to change ideas in the face of new information. Impeccable integrity; superior interpersonal skills; able to communicate/engage personnel at all levels of the organization. Emotionally intelligent change agent who challenges the status quo and acts with a sense of urgency to drive results.
- Experience leading in a unionized (UAW) environment required.
- Bachelor’s degree required in manufacturing management, engineering or related discipline required. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Lean manufacturing, continuous improvement and/or Six Sigma training or certifications desirable.