The Vertex Companies, Inc. is looking for a dynamic, energetic individual to join our Chicago, IL team as a Division Manager. The Division Manager we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects on a fast-paced schedule, working with senior staff to assess sites across the country, and providing field oversight on a variety of projects.
The ability to operate within fast-paced schedules and tight deadlines on multiple projects is necessary. Successful candidates will be able to collaborate with senior staff, manage teams, and interact with clients handling environmental matters. An understanding of pollution legal liability, commercial pollution liability and environmental impairment liability insurance is preferred.
More specific details are described below.
- Oversee and manage technically complex loss control projects and mold, IAQ and asbestos claims management.
- Oversee, manage, and perform Asbestos projects (inspections, design and monitoring) and IAQ, mold and Industrial hygiene projects.
- Represent VERTEX to the client in a professional manner.
- Develop and coordinate scheduling of project work and deliverables for the division.
- Provide project/task management and technical support for multiple projects.
- Provide direction to division staff in completion of the above.
- Manage projects within budget and client billing.
- Conduct performance reviews for division staff.
- Oversee training and ongoing professional development for junior-level division staff in accordance with corporate policy and procedures.
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy.
- Prepare, provide senior review, and/or submit final reports.
- Seek opportunities to expand client services with existing and new clients as part of ongoing business development.
- State of Illinois Asbestos inspector, monitoring and designer licenses.
- Experience in the management of understanding, investigating, documenting and monitoring complex Mold, IAQ, and Asbestos pollution events across the country.
- Provide oversight and technical support on a variety of projects .
- Versatility to navigate regulatory requirements in a multitude of state and federal programs.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors.
- Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction from Senior managers.
- Track time from staff (weekly timesheet management).
- Train new staff as needed.
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff.
- Provide oversight, direction, and mentoring to junior staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in microbiology, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or related environmental field, supplemental degrees / certifications welcomed.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in technical activities directly related to Asbestos/Lead/Mold/IAQ/Industrial Hygiene Assessment activities, including report writing and field investigation.
- Proven track record of Business Development.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under fast paced conditions.
- Able to integrate / manage Environmental Loss Scenarios on a National stage.
- Proficient in computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe).
- Proficiency or working knowledge of CAD.
- Position requires Health & Safety Certification pursuant to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 (HAZWOPER 40 Hour).
- OSHA 10 or 30-Hour training is required, training provided if necessary.
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain in adverse weather conditions.
- Carry field testing equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites with regularity.
- CMC, CIE, CIEC, CIH preferred.
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain.
- Carry field testing equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites.