Overview of Regional Production Engineer
Primary objective of supporting line efficiency and machine uptime efforts across the West Division. This person must be a good problem solver and be able to assess equipment and processing issues, develop improvement plans and justify investment, with knowledge of industrial maintenance and preventative maintenance programs and be experienced in their implementation.
- Provide engineering and troubleshooting support for the West manufacturing facilities including troubleshooting, regulatory, breakdown response.
- Assist plants in analyzing and improving line efficiencies, equipment reliability and cost/loss reduction.
- Develop plant maintenance systems (PM, work order, planned maintenance), assist in their implementation and monitor effectiveness.
- Plan and manage capital projects from scope and budget development, though construction, commissioning and project close out.
- Analyze plant capacity, line throughput and bottlenecks and propose improvement and investment options.
- Assist in hiring, training and development of plant maintenance technicians.
- Lead multi-functional teams in the implementation of capital projects and line improvements
- Establish working relationships with a cross section of stakeholders within the company, equipment manufacturers, vendors, and services providers.
- Gather industry intelligence and market trends to better shape corrective actions or capital investments.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical) from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum 10 years in Food and Beverage Engineering/Manufacturing.
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time.
- Experience in managing and implementing industrial maintenance systems (preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, work orders, maintenance planning).
- Working knowledge of project management practices.
- Working knowledge of food safety, industrial safety, and environmental regulations
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Controls experience, especially in Allen Bradley preferred.
- Experience in continuous improvement systems preferred (Lean 6-sigma, TPM).
- Water processing and filtration experience preferred.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks within a Matrix environment.
DS Services is a national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services. DS Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of beverage products, equipment and supplies to approximately 1.5 million customers through its network of over 210 sales and distribution facilities and daily operation of over 2,100 routes. With one of the broadest distribution networks in the country, DS Services can provide service to approximately 90 percent of U.S. households and efficiently services homes and national, regional and local offices. DS Services is dedicated to achieving its mission of becoming America's favorite water, coffee and tea service provider where consumers live, work and play.