To manage land planning, due diligence and entitlement efforts for division projects. Primarily responsible for projects immediately after Land Acquisition obtains Corporate approval. Manages and directs all aspects of the design and entitlement process for new communities, including General Plan Amendments, Zone Changes, Tentative Subdivision Map approval, and Clearance Document certification. Supports Land Acquisition's due diligence effort by preparing preliminary site plans, analyzing site development costs, assisting in the preparation of Corporate Approval Packages, and other tasks.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the entitlement of multiple projects, including zoning/re-zoning approvals, development agreements, architectural approvals, preliminary and final plats, civil construction plans, development permits, landscape plans and utility company designs to align with Division Business Plan.
- Lead the "community planning" process, including site planning, lot layout, landscaping, project theming, monuments, passive and active open space, etc. through collaboration with stakeholders from Division, Region, and Corporate operations.
- Develop and maintain positive, professional relationships with officials and employees of municipalities and agencies with jurisdictional control over Division land acquisitions.
- Vet and engage all consultants, including management of the RFP process, with Division Land team
- Provide due diligence relating to the entitlement of all proposed Division land acquisitions.
- Serve as a liaison to engineers, consultants, governmental officials and other trade partners in the execution of forward planning tasks. Ensure that all corporate land development policies, internal control procedures and practices are communicated, understood and complied with.
- Manage scopes of work and compliance with schedule for consultants related to forward planning process.
- Lead the resolution of entitlement issues and conditions prior to and during development.
- Lead the feasibility analysis, entitlement, and due diligence of Division land pursuits
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years of associated homebuilding industry experience or a combined 5 years of education and experience directly related to land planning, land use, policy planning, or government.
- Minimum of 1-year related experience in managing entitlement of new communities.