Division Food Safety Manager– Erlanger, KY
This is an exempt level position.
The Division Food Safety Manager will provide strategic leadership, direction and guidance regarding food safety. This role supports the WILD and SI businesses in North America with a strong emphasis on food safety and promotes this throughout the organization. The Division Food Safety Manager will develop cross-functional partnerships at the plant and business levels to create actionable conclusions and recommendations. This position reports to the Vice President, Quality Management and Food Safety, WFSI.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and build strong food safety programs at each WILD Flavors and SI location within North America
- Ensure alignment with food safety and regulatory priorities and policies
- Serve as an expert resource in developing and maintaining appropriate food safety programs
- Provide oversight to the development and implementation of food safety and sanitation processes at each location
- Work closely with plant leadership on any food safety issues
- Provide subject matter expertise to the plants through coaching, collaboration, planning and sharing of best practices
- Ensure each facility has the appropriate resources, talent, training and tools to achieve food safety related business objectives
- Provide oversight of the food safety program in order to ensure compliance to customer specifications, product safety and adherence to regulatory requirements
- Develop and maintain food safety policies for the division and ensure each facility has appropriate SOPs, policies and procedures as they relate to food safety
- Ensure targets are developed to monitor and improve product and process food safety
- Ensure GFSI certification at each location
- Oversee proper maintenance and sanitation of all facilities to comply with food safety requirements
- Ensure compliance to all regulatory requirements and industry certifications, including FSMA, FSSC certifications, FDA, USDA, etc.
- Conduct facility food safety audits as well as participate in third party audits
- Oversee food safety related metrics and support continuous improvement activities to improve performance year over year
Job Description (Continued)
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology or related field
- 7+ years of industry experience in food manufacturing
- 7+ years’ food safety experience, micro and sanitation experience is strongly preferred
- Extensive experience in a food/beverage manufacturing and laboratory environment, HACCP, and food safety practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must; ability to communicate and interact with all levels of the organization, including senior management, customers, and regulatory officials, as needed
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, dental, and vision insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.