As a key member of the division management team, the successful candidate will provide leadership and coordination of all financial functions of the division, including strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting, and profitability analysis. Prepare critical financial analysis and present findings and recommendations to division and corporate management. Ensure company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles and are compliant with best practices internal control procedures. Work closely with Shared Services and Distribution team member to ensure Divisional and Corporate financial reporting needs are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the key finance resource to Division President
- Oversee daily operations of the divisional finance department.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Ensure internal and external policy compliance.
- Manage the preparation of financial forecasts.
- Design, establish, and maintain a system of internal controls.
- Work closely with internal and external auditors.
- Work with department managers to develop budgets and strategic business plans for the company.
- Establish and implement short-and-long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Assist with due diligence related to potential mergers and acquisitions, providing return on investment analysis, integration, and financial support.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial operating performance of departments.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Work safely as well as identify and report any safety hazards immediately.
- Maintain good housekeeping in personal area and all common areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 7 years of direct experience required.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Preferred Certifications: CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Experience with SAP is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Chinese sourcing a plus.
Skills, Accountabilities and Measures:
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise in financial concepts and application of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Must understand internal control requirements and best practices as well as demonstrate the ability to suggest mitigating controls, where necessary.
- Must be able to work autonomously and as part of a larger team.
- Must be able to lead and manage a diverse group of individuals.
- Strong oral and written skills are a must.
- Ability to present findings and recommendations to management.
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Strategy development
- Cost control and cost savings initiatives
- Monthly and ad hoc reporting
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Some work is required in "off-hours" for emergency response.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
- Ability to move about facility on regular basis to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 20 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
- Visual and hearing acuity.