About HCA Far West
As part of a strong network of hospitals throughout California and Nevada, HCA Far West is committed to supporting its healthcare professionals and ensuring their growth.
Our exclusive and specialty medical services in nine hospitals and six surgical centers throughout two states, provides a full spectrum of primary, acute, tertiary and chronic care for our patients. Our specialized care areas focus on advancing the science of medicine while providing high quality, life-saving technology and patient-focused care.
HCA is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes approximately 163 hospitals and 109 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and Great Britain employing approximately 183,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities.
Under the general supervision of the Vice President of Strategic Planning. The primary responsibilities include supporting the annual strategic and business planning processes through the use of database systems, analysis, modeling and project management skills, delivers value added market intelligence and decision support for optimal portfolio management and market growth opportunities.
1. Coordinate and prepare division strategic plans and corresponding facility business plans.
o Lead the analytical support of the business plan process. This will include the development of a comprehensive market assessment and incorporate collective input from facilities and senior executives as part of the process to create the strategic plan.
o Assist other departments and operating entities in the development of business cases for capital requests.
o Supports the development of effective presentation materials and communicate the strategic plan to Senior Management.
2. Perform research on behalf of Division for strategic planning and service line development.
o In coordination with the DSS team, design and oversee standard and ad hoc analysis related to strategy and business development projects
o Maintain planning databases to be used for market and strategic planning as needed.
o Develop and implement tools that streamline analytics and reporting using business intelligence software such as Tableau, etc.
o Maintain market intelligence on local and regional health care providers.
o Prepare and communicate various standard reports on a periodic basis.
o Carry out general research on behalf of senior management in a timely and accurate manner.
3. Perform financial analyses, modeling and decision support on behalf of Division as needed.
o Utilize various databases and leverage business intelligence tools such as Tableau, etc., to perform business analysis and effectively communicate opportunities that increase market penetration and expand the geographic area for medical services.
o Under the direction of the VP of Strategic Planning, create, develop and maintain various models that analyze market share, portfolio optimization and growth opportunities. These models are developed with high quality and include attributes such as volumes, financials, sensitivity analysis and scenario planning.
o Develop and create maps, using mapping software (ESRI, etc.) used to illustrate geographic opportunities.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or health-related field
• Must have three (3) years of progressively more responsible experience in strategic planning, business analytics, or consulting in a healthcare services setting.
• Demonstrated proficient skills in database management, business intelligence software (e,g., Tableau), mapping tools (esri), advanced Excel applications
• Hospital or healthcare related experience
• Five (5) years or more of progressively more responsible experience in strategic planning, business analytics, financial analysis, or consulting in a healthcare services setting.