$150K — $250K *
This is an Excepted Service position under Title 42. Applications will be accepted from all groups of qualified persons, including Public Health Service Commissioned Corps officers. No previous federal experience is required. This appointment does not confer any entitlement to a position in the competitive service and may provide entitlement to Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB) appeal rights.
Learn more about this agency
25% or less - You may be expected to travel 15% for this position.
Job family (Series)
0601 General Health Science
Conditions of Employment
Current federal employees must be at or equivalent to the GS-14 grade level to be considered for this position.
Basic Qualifications for RF-0601: Applicants must possess a degree with a major study in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position. This degree must be from an educational program from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (external link) at the time the degree was obtained.
Candidates must show clear evidence of specialized experience.
Specialized experience is that which is directly related to the position and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position, such as executive-level experience leading and/or providing consultation and statistical, epidemiological, clinical, and behavioral and laboratory research services to assist state and local health departments as well as national, state, and local non-governmental organizations in the planning, development, implementation, and overall improvement of Sexually Transmitted Disease prevention programs.
Typically, experience of this nature is gained at or above the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service or its equivalent with state or local government, the private sector, or nongovernmental organizations.
This position has a positive education requirement. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit transcripts or a list of applicable courses with their application package. This also applies to status applicants who are applying to a position in a different occupational series than they are currently or were previously appointed. Applicants who do not submit their transcripts (or list of applicable course work) will be evaluated based on the information provided in their application package (and/or resume) along with their responses to a self-certification question asking if they meet the basic qualifications listed in the vacancy announcement. Those deemed tentatively qualified will be referred for consideration. If selected, applicants will be required to provide an official transcript prior to the final job offer. If the official transcript does not support the educational requirements of the position, the applicant will be considered ineligible for the position.
Failure to submit any of the above mentioned required documents may result in loss of consideration due to an incomplete application package. It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents have been submitted. Note, applicants who do not submit educational transcripts/documentation as part of your application will not lose consideration.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that:
The executive level compensation package is commensurate with qualifications and experience and may result in a higher salary than reflected above. This position is located in the National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention (NCHHSTP) within the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, inAtlanta, Georgia.
This position is also being announced under vacancy announcement number HHS-CDC-RF-20-10857894. Applicants must apply to both vacancy announcements to receive consideration for both occupational series. Please carefully read the qualifications requirements in both vacancy announcements.
To view the questionnaire, click on the following link:
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document(s), view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
STANDARDS OF CONDUCT/FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE
CDC Financial Disclosure: HHS fosters a work environment committed to government ethics. Through its ethics program, HHS seeks to prevent conflicts of interest on the part of executive branch employees. A conflict-free HHS allows its public servants to make impartial decisions based on the interests of the public when carrying out governmental responsibilities, to serve as good stewards of public resources, and to loyally adhere to the Constitution and laws of the United States. As an executive branch employee, you will be subject to the Standards of Ethical Conduct and the criminal conflict of interest statutes. An introduction to federal ethics will be available during orientation. You must complete the remainder of your initial ethics training during your first three months at HHS. Further details on this will be provided during orientation.
You might be required to a file a public or confidential financial disclosure report within 30 days of your appointment. You will receive formal notification if a disclosure report is required. This can require information such as recent sources of income, financial interests you hold, and outside activities you participate in, as well as similar information from a spouse or any dependent children. If you have questions, please contact the Deputy Ethics Counselor or Ethics Coordinator for your office, which you can find here:
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
How You Will Be Evaluated: Applicants must meet the qualification requirements as outlined above to be eligible for further consideration. You must provide detailed evidence of the experience, knowledge, skill, ability, and other personal characteristic requirements, and show how and when they were used. This evidence must include clear and concise examples that show level of accomplishment and degree of responsibility. Qualification determinations will be based on the information provided in your application and the requirements of the position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. If hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection, or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. A 1- year probationary period may be required.
6. Travel, transportation, and moving expenses may be authorized.
7. Bargaining Unit Position: No
8. Drug Screening Required: No
9. Recruitment incentive may be authorized.
10. Public Trust/Moderate Background Investigation (5) is required.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Moderate Risk (MR)
Trust determination process
1. Your R�sum� - You are encouraged to use the USAJobs online resume builder to ensure that all required information is in your resume. If you use your own r�sum�, curriculum vitae, or any other written form you choose then you must describe your job-related qualifications that include beginning and ending dates for paid and non-paid work experience, hours worked per week, month and year of employment for each job title listed.
2. A complete Assessment Questionnaire
3. Other supporting documents:
College/University Transcripts (Undergraduate and Graduate)
List of applicable coursework (i.e medical field, health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position)
Foreign education evaluation
SF-50 (if prior federal service)
Note: This position has a positive education requirement. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit transcripts or a list of applicable courses with their application package. This also applies to status applicants who are applying to a position in a different occupational series than they are currently or were previously appointed. Applicants who do not submit their transcripts (or list of applicable course work) will be evaluated based on the information provided in their application package (and/or resume) along with their responses to a self-certification question asking if they meet the basic qualifications listed in the vacancy announcement. Those deemed tentatively qualified will be referred for consideration. If selected, applicants will be required to provide an official transcript prior to entry on duty. If the
Valid through: 10/4/2020