Job Code: 09373-16344
About HCA Far West
As part of a strong network of hospitals throughout California and Nevada, HCA Far West is committed to supporting its healthcare professionals and ensuring their growth.
Our exclusive and specialty medical services in nine hospitals and six surgical centers throughout two states, provides a full spectrum of primary, acute, tertiary and chronic care for our patients. Our specialized care areas focus on advancing the science of medicine while providing high quality, life-saving technology and patient-focused care.
HCA is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes approximately 163 hospitals and 109 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and Great Britain employing approximately 183,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities.
The Division Director of Marketing Communications supports the execution of internal and external communications strategies and service line campaigns, media / public relations activities, including email, social media, and marketing automation, and event support.
In partnership with the Division Marketing and Communications leadership team and Hospital directors, the Director supports the development of the annual Marketing and Communications plan and budget. The Director drives timely execution of communications activities and supports the monthly measurement / reporting of success to enable mid-campaign adjustments as needed. This individual maintains excellent relationships through timely and engaged service to all of their key internal customers: Division/Hospital Leadership, Hospital and PSG Marketing Directors, and strategic vendor partners.The Director also collaborates closely with the Content and Creative Services team to ensure timely and effective development of internal and external communications.
Leadership and Collaboration:
- Acts as a resource for hospital and PSG marketing directors across division, sharing best practices between facilities for communications best practices.
- Steps into hospital PR & Communications roles during times of staff transition or medical leave to ensure continuity of service for that hospital leadership team.
- Serves as division, system or facility spokesperson, when needed.
- Creates and supports media training for identified leadership, physicians, and marketing team.
- Manages and ensures value from the key external media placement partners, as well as internal vendor relationships with NCCM, CRM, IT&S, Web Services, and the Print Management Center.
- Works as a consultant to division, facility and service line marketing leads and others to develop community events and media activities for their facilities and/or service lines.
- Engages formally with Marketing VP, Marketing AVPs, and Hospital and PSG Directors to ensure nimble adjustments are made to the activities based on the needs and shifting dynamics of the Division and facilities.
- Coordinates tightly with Division AVP of Integrated Marketing to ensure timely and effective delivery from that team to support campaign and communications efforts.
Executing the Marketing and Communications Strategy:
- Leverages marketing and communications strategies and resources from across the company where possible to gain efficiency, but customizing as needed for each market based on service line focus, clinical strengths, community demographics, media usage, brand, and tone.
- Provides proactive and reactive strategic communication strategies.
- Ensures adherence to enterprise and Division brand standards in all internal and external communications and collateral.
- Tracking and reporting media activity for hospitals, practices, services, and division.
- Understands internal and external policies, procedures, and regulations that impact the marketing environment. Ensures adherence of marketing activities and web properties to these policies.
Managing PR & Communications:
- Plans and directs public relations programs and initiatives designed to increase organization’s visibility within appropriate markets.
- Supervises all local media-related activities.
- Serves on division crisis and emergency communication teams.
- Writes speeches and special correspondence.
- Manages the content editorial calendar to ensure deadlines are met and cost efficiencies are gained.
- Oversees external and internal communications, including division-wide newsletters, email blasts, etc.
- Maintains boilerplates for division, system and all facilities.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Other as Noted: Masters Degree Preferred
- Effective management and communication skills; both orally and written.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Healthcare marketing or communications experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Requires the ability to travel from one location to another within the Division. May be needed to work early morning, evening and weekend hours. Position includes overnight travel on an as needed basis.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to document, develop and communicate necessary information. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 20 pounds occasionally. Work may be stressful at times.