Job Code: 09740-57163
HCA MidAmerica division is recruiting for a Division Director of Clinical Informatics.
HCA MidAmericadivision consists of 13 hospitals in Missouri, Kansas, Mississippi, and Louisiana.
HCA is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services and is made-up of locally managed facilities that include 185 hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers located in 21 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom.
Though HCA spans 21 states and two countries, we are all part of one incredible story about 270,000 talented and diverse colleagues, united in a mission to care for and improve human life. We are grounded in a culture that is patient-focused and compassionate, and we are supported by an organization whose unique scale unlocks possibilities.
The Division Director of Clinical Informatics will report to the Division Chief Nursing Executive and will provide visionary leadership and direction for the comprehensive nursing informatics program at the division level.
Major Responsibilities: Strategy
- Develop a division framework and strategy for technology initiatives and evaluation that aligns with the enterprise framework for nursing informatics and division goals.
- Provide feedback to corporate nursing on division-level rollouts and initiatives.
- Shape corporate strategy by providing data-driven feedback on needed new or upgraded technologies based on clinical requirements.
Delivery and Operations
- Work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary leaders to establish short and long-term goals and implementation plans for clinical information systems in partnership with the Division IT&S leadership team.
- Responsible for strategic and operational leadership on the development, deployment, reengineering, and integration of division clinical information systems to support nursing.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and implement new clinical systems or programs to enhance existing services and raise the standard of care for the patient population served
- Collaborate with IT&S leadership to ensure standardization and application of best practice models
- Represent nursing interests in partnerships with clinical, operational, and IT leadership to translate clinical needs into information system needs.
- Direct clinical workflow and dataflow analysis to support technology development and deployment
- Further develop or create nurse informatics role and nursing informatics community within the division to support growth, technology adoption and optimization, employee, physician and patient satisfaction, Magnet and other clinical practice initiatives.
Provides support by:
- Coordinating across division to ensure federal and state program requirements for quality, safety, electronic health records and payment models
- Advises senior leadership on health informatics and policymaking within the organization
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
- Minimum 3 years in clinical practice
- 7+ years’ experience in leadership and oversight of clinical informatics initiatives preferred
*Equivalent combination of education and/or experience can be substituted for the above requirements
- Current RN license
- Informatics nurse certification within one year of employment
- Expert knowledge of clinical systems that support operational efficiencies as it relates to clinical informatics enterprise initiatives
- Knowledge in the us, development, and deployment of electronic health records and other information systems
- Knowledge of issues related to changing roles and skills in the current health care environment
- The ability to use database software to enter, retrieve, sort, and filter information as necessary for reporting or report generation
- The ability to use intermediate/advanced features of spreadsheet software to analyze data including formatting summary table, creating graphs and charts, and making calculations
- The ability to plan and mange projects, including assigned personnel, multiple competing project, or resource demands to meet project deadlines on time and within budget
Last Edited: 03/28/2019