The Division Counsel and Compliance Officer will handle a broad range of legal matters and will drive compliance efforts for Stryker Performance Solutions.
- Serves as the point person for all legal issues related to Stryker Performance Solutions, by providing legal advice in a highly regulated environment.
- Provides guidance and counsel in connection with the development and execution of new business models and strategies for Stryker Performance Solutions.
- Conducts legal analysis and provides counsel on laws, rules, regulations, and Stryker policies related to Stryker’s interactions with healthcare professionals, both in the US and outside the US, including the US anti-kickback law, the FCPA and other local anti-corruption laws, and helping to ensure that Stryker’s compliance program is robust and effective.
- Drafts, reviews, negotiates and advises on various types of contracts including but not limited to Sales, Services, Supply, Distribution, Consulting, Non-Disclosure, Employment and other commercial agreements.
- Assists in managing litigation and legal claims involving Stryker Performance Solutions through interactions with Stryker’s in-house Legal team and outside counsel.
- Reviews marketing, promotional and scientific activities and materials for compliance with Stryker policies and applicable laws and regulations through interactions with Stryker’s in-house Legal team.
- Drafts, implements, addresses and trains on violations of legal and compliance policies designed to help ensure Stryker complies with applicable laws, rules and regulations and manages its legal and compliance affairs effectively and efficiently.
- Partners with the Compliance Department and Compliance Officer on compliance initiatives, policies and programs and ensures Stryker Performance Solutions complies with applicable laws, rules, regulations and policies.
- Partners closely with Legal and Compliance Department personnel supporting countries outside the US in connection with Stryker Orthopaedics’ legal and compliance matters involving Stryker Performance Solutions.
- Provides analysis and counsel on various legal issues as they arise, including medical device regulations, intellectual property, employment, mergers and acquisitions, data privacy, competition law, anti-corruption / anti-bribery laws, liability avoidance and sales and marketing related issues.
- Minimum five years' experience in a law firm or corporate legal department.
- Significant experience dealing with complex legal issues with significant financial impact.
- Experience in compliance, commercial law and contracts.