My client is searching for someone with hands-on operational accounting background in the entertainment industry, for a Division Controller role at large publicly traded midtown NYC entertainment firm.
* Responsible for directing the accounting function for a major business unit.
* Responsible for establishing / improving the division?s accounting principles, practices, processes, procedures and key initiatives
* Responsible for rigorous standards and controls in all accounting procedures / processes (responsible for the development and documentation of standard and rigorous financial processes)
* Prepares all accurate and timely financialreports and presents findings and recommendations to Corporate Controller / CFO
* Responsible for all P&L statements, forecasting, standard cost control
* Responsible for creating monthly and quarterly revenue and income reports for each of the client contracts
* Responsible for creating monthly and quarterly budgetreports
* Creates / recommends all pricing for client contracts
* Implement and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all conformity with SOX regulations
* Assessment and development of talent
* A bachelors degree in Accounting and a CPA is a required
* An operational accounting background
* A background in the entertainment industry (may be able to stretch to media) is mandatory
* Experience working for a publicly traded firm is a plus