Duties include but not limited to:
- Drive timeliness, accuracy and completeness of financial reports to meet specified deadlines.
- Coordinate activities of field operations and corporate accounting.
- Partner with senior leadership to develop and report standard financial data sets.
- Prepare various reports which summarize and forecast business activity and financial position.
- Review bonus calculations of clinic staff and providers based on operational metrics.
- Conduct physician contract reviews to validate all payments.
- Provide management (to include Physician Services Urgent Care leadership, Division leadership, & Hospital CFO’s) with timely reviews of organization’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Review monthly journal entries as required to accurately close the monthly fiscal period.
- Review monthly financial variance reports to support practice operations with performance reviews.
- Review monthly reports for key indicators and statistics.
- Assist practice operations as needed with financial information requests and questions.
- Prepare and coordinate distribution of monthly reports or returns required by regulatory agencies.
- Participate in development and detailed review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Prepare annual capital budgets and oversee capital acquisition process.
- Assist in preparing various reports or returns required by regulatory agencies.
- Assist with internal compliance audits as required.
- Ensure that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Respond to requests for information from Corporate, Internal Audit and other internal management.
- Assist in the development, documentation and implementation of departmental accounting standards.
- Ensure facility-based licensure requirements are compliant.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality to ensure that privileged and/or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded against disclosure.
- Participate in ongoing professional development activities to remain informed of changing industry trends and government regulations.
- Drive and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement” standards.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting theory, principles and practices sufficient to identify and describe accounting systems and sub-systems.
- Knowledge of the financial accounting process.
- Knowledge of research techniques to analyze and evaluate financial data and information.
- Knowledge of accounting information systems.
- Proficiency with PC-based spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to achieve organizational goals.
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
- Skill in interviewing and hiring personnel.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management.
- Ability to identify and delegate work appropriately and effectively.
- Ability to analyze financial reports.
- Ability to prepare statistical and narrative accounting reports.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations accurately.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to organize work independently and consistently achieve reporting deadlines.
Education: Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in accounting or other business-related field; CPA license highly preferred.
Experience: Five years of progressive accounting/financial experience. Preferably three years in multi-site urgent care, physician practice management, or healthcare-related environment.
Job Number: 24677-4119