Less than 5 years
Posted 59 days ago
Baystate Children’s Hospital is the leading provider of general and specialty pediatric services in western Massachusetts, providing advanced medical care to babies, children, and adolescents in an environment that focuses exclusively on the needs of children and families. The 110-bed facility provides complete critical care programs, including the region’s onlyPediatric Intensive Care and Neonatal Intensive Care Units, as well as pediatric inpatient services, child life specialists, a designated emergency room just for kids, and outpatient specialty services.
We are currently seeking an exceptional, experienced leader to serve as Division Chief of Child Neurology.
Position Highlights –
• Practice in our beautiful new state-of-the-art outpatient facility which is home to 15 pediatric specialties. Excellent outpatient EEG lab and strong hospitalist, genetics, neuroradiology and developmental-behavioral pediatrics.
• Combination of clinical care and resident and medical student teaching with University of Massachusetts School of Medicine faculty appointment commensurate with experience.
• Focus on neurophysiology is ideal. We have a comprehensive inpatient and outpatient neurophysiology service including routine EEG, ambulatory EEG and long-term video monitoring.
• Potential relationship with Boston Children’s Hospital, Department of Neurology that supports the clinical and academic missions of both departments; opportunity for research collaboration and mentorship at Boston Children’s Hospital
• The new Chief will have full institutional support to develop innovative approaches toenhance our inpatient consulting and busy outpatient program.
• Highly competitive compensation & benefits, bonus and student loan forgiveness available.
Qualifications: Chief candidates will demonstrate excellent clinical and teaching skills, a track record of scholarly productivity in clinical pediatric neurology and/or education, and leadership potential. 3+ years’ experience is required.
The Pioneer Valley is a thriving area located in western Massachusetts and provides extensive access to urban, suburban and rural amenities. Anchored by the city of Springfield, our region boasts a myriad of opportunities for recreation, music, education and art enthusiasts. When you live and work in the Pioneer Valley, you will enjoy picturesque four-season living, excellent schools and year-round social and cultural events. In fact, Massachusetts was once again ranked #1 in Education nationally by U.S. News and World Report.
Baystate Health is western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider and home to the prestigious University of Massachusetts Medical School - Baystate. The cornerstone of our organization is Baystate Medical Center, a 716-bed tertiary care hospital which boasts the state’s single busiest emergency department and the region’s only Level-I trauma center. With 4 community hospitals, Baystate Children’s Hospital and Baystate Primary Care Medical Practices, we offer an amazing, diverse culture that provides outstanding opportunities for physicians and advanced practice providers to start or advance their career.
3+ years experience plus proven track record of successful leadership roles is required.