- B.S. Degree in public relations, journalism, communication, marketing, business or related field. Relevant Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-10 years in marketing and public relations strategy development and implementation in a hospital or healthcare delivery system.Extensive experience in the development of hospital marketing plans, project management, strategic planning and market research.Management experience; preferably experience with managing multiple professional staff members.
- The ability to analyze markets and develop communications and relationships to increase utilization of HCA Far West services. Superior communication, organization and presentation skills.Ability to interact and work with multidisciplinary teams including hospital operations executives, physicians, management and marketing staff. Must possess a strong knowledge of healthcare operations and strategic planning processes, resources and clinical service line development strategies.
Licensure: Current NV driver’s license
Must possess excellent communication skills.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties and responsibilities listed herein are not intended to be all inclusive but rather to indicate the primary emphasis of the job and establish the parameters for the necessary skill, effort, responsibility and working conditions that make up the job.
- Responsible for developing annual marketing plans with marketing directors at HCA Far West Division hospitals. Annual plans serve to align all hospital marketing and communications plans with system/Division business objectives.
- Responsible for analyzing HCA Far West hospitals’ market positioning in relation to competitors and to develop and deploy marketing and public relations strategies to optimize each hospital’s position/brand.
- Responsible for planning and accurately budgeting, monitoring, tracking and reporting results of all Far West Division health system promotional initiatives including: advertising, media relations, marketing collateral, routine publications, employee communication, physician marketing, community relations and interactive communication.
- In partnership with hospital administrative teams and the HCA Far West Division SVP, provide oversight for each HCA Far West Division hospital’s brand and reputation. Coordinate with SVP to support clinical service line development and new business ventures.
- Successfully launch new clinical products, centers, technology and services to the Nevada and California markets.
- Work with hospital marketing directors to develop social and emerging media hospital marketing plans.
- Proactively seek to grow business through existing relationships and new opportunities within the system.
- Serve as the division spokesperson for high visibility public relations issues, events and initiatives; collaborate with both division and senior facility leaders to design and implement targeted public awareness campaigns and strategies.
- Serve as the lead executive for internal and external communications surrounding crises with the potential to impact business and reputation. Develop and implement a proactive media relations program and provide crisis communications and counsel. Manage communication surrounding numerous crises that could range from a reduction in force, regulatory citations, hospital mergers, hospital closings and other news with the potential to negatively impact the health systems.
- Manage systems’ relationships with advertising and public relations agencies and vendors when retained.
- Manage graphic design and web development departments, HCA Far West call center and other applicable areas as required.
- Promote organizational programs and services through participation in community organizations, agencies, speaker bureaus, etc.
- Evaluate, investigate and remain abreast of public policies and environmental activities which have an impact on the operation of the facilities; remain fully familiar with regulatory standards impacting hospital operations.
The candidate should possess strong writing, editing and design skills and have proven experience in producing communication materials, both in print and electronic forms. The candidate should be creative, have desktop publishing skills and have proven experience handling multiple projects at once.
INCUMBENT DIRECTS OTHERS WHO: Outside Advertising Agency, PR Firm and other communication vendors
INCUMBENT IS PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE TO:
- see above
- Perform duties and responsibilities of all lesser included jobs
- Perform other duties as assigned
INCUMBENT WORKS WITH OTHERS WHO:
- Perform responsibilities for marketing, media relations, communications, etc. (e.g., marketing directors at other HCA facilities).