CenturyLink employs thousands of individuals globally. One of our strengths is the diversity of our people, and we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. The mix of viewpoints, talents, experiences, backgrounds and beliefs found at CenturyLink is respected and valued. Our Human Resources policies aim for the highest standards of fairness and equal opportunity, covering recruitment, hiring, promotions, job assignments and all other aspects of employment. The Program Manager will work to imbed the company’s Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging strategy into the everyday culture of the organization as a competitive and strategic advantage. This individual will contribute to the development of new processes and methods that will further shape the company’s Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging strategy.
- Execute corporate-wide diversity strategy and plan, interfacing with multiple stakeholders including company leadership, regional leadership, human resources, supplier diversity, legal, marketing, strategy, product, and market development.
- Recommend branding and marketing strategies to align the ERGs with regional goals.
- Provide subject matter expertise in a consultancy role, providing guidance as needed on sensitive diversity topics. Requires substantial skill to advise on and resolve complex issues in concert with legal, human resources and company leaders.
- Define measurements of success and establish metrics and dashboards that track Diversity and Inclusion attainment of plan.
- Lead, inspire and align the company-wide 5,000 plus members of the employee resource groups (ERGs) tosupport the company’sshareholder, customer and employee goals.
- Establish guidelines, structure, and processes for ERG growth, engagement and active participation.
- Lead and advise the ERG leadership at the national and chapter level to develop strategy and structure to increase membership, active participation, engagement, succession planning, securing executive sponsors and gaining exposure and visibility.
- Creatively identify and develop platforms for ERGs to further diversity education and understanding throughout the company. Responsible for the oversight and approval for development and submission of ERG chapter business plans, showing creativity and inspiration in aligning ERG business plans to company goals.
- Exercise professional skill and subject matter knowledge to write presentations, executive talking points, articles and promotional materials about company’s diversity efforts for internal and external publication.
- Represent the company on diversity-related topics at conferences, professional associations and business meetings.
- Analyze data, create and maintain reports. Research, compile and submit diversity surveys.
- Demonstrate cultural competence and behaviors in all interactions.
- Serve as a champion, strategic partner, and thought leader for Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging by staying informed of best practices.
- Helps identify gaps and opportunities to improve performance of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging efforts. Partner with Talent Acquisition directors and recruiters to identify and attract diverse candidates and opportunities to increase CenturyLink’s employer brand in diverse communities, such as colleges and universities, professional associations, chambers of commerce, and community organizations that support company recruiting goals.
- Identifies and raises needs for organizational and developmental tools and resources, determine options for securing resources either building internally, leveraging existing programs or buying through external partners.
- Create enterprise wide structures and systems, process improvements, reporting and metrics to track progress and success of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 8+ years equivalent work experience in Diversity and Inclusion for a Fortune 500 company (6+ with a Master's degree)
- Equivalent combination of related training and relevant experience.
- Leadership experience leading cross-enterprise projects, demonstrating ability to secure followership to successful completion of complex projects.
- Previous experience managing successful projects in a multi-matrix environment for a multibillion-dollar company.
- Proven experience in generating strategic models and plans.
- Proven experience in designing and delivering end to end SWOT Analysis, strategic plans and business cases.
- Proven experience in community relations and relationship management.
- Must have excellent communication (oral and written), analytical, customer service, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in project development, project execution and project management
- Demonstrated experience with work prioritization and process improvement skills.
- Master’s degree in organizational effectiveness or business administration.
- Relevant certifications specific to Diversity & Inclusion
- Coursework specific to Diversity & Inclusion