The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Director provides leadership and support across PacifiCorp to design, develop and implement innovative strategies to cultivate a work environment that supports diversity, equity and inclusion. The DE&I Director leads the coordination and evaluation of PacifiCorp's diversity, equity and inclusion framework, actions and measurement.
- Develop and lead implementation of company-wide programs to support diversity, equity and inclusion across the employee experience including recruitment, retention development and succession planning.
- Assist the business in evaluating the current state of diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, identify gaps and opportunities and support development and implementation of innovative solutions.
- Support development and delivery of diversity, equity and inclusion training.
- Partner with human resources leaders on policy and practice review, including identifying and developing opportunities for enhancement.
- Develop and establish metrics for measuring effectiveness of diversity, equity and inclusion strategies.
- Identify and develop opportunities to enhance external relationships supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Work with corporate communications to develop diversity, equity and inclusion messaging.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department and the company; maintain the professional competence, knowledge and skills necessary to effectively complete responsibilities.
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services provided.
- Develop accurate budgets based on departmental and business unit plans; control expenditures within budgeted levels to support those plans.
- Prepare written status reports on accomplishments, outstanding issues and action plans.
- Maintain sensitive and confidential company and employee information.
- Support the company's employee policies and procedures, including workplace safety rules and customer satisfaction initiatives.
- Monitor and enforce all compliance requirements for area of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration or related field or equivalent work experience. (Typically six years of related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor's degree.)
- Five years of progressive related experience, including three years in a leadership capacity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Must be a self-motivated individual who is flexible and can effectively manage several projects at the same time.
- Effective interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.