The Vice President, Market Revenue Cycle is responsible for driving accountability for CHI’s revenue cycle operations and performance in the CHI Health market. This individual will manage market relationships with external vendors, National Revenue Cycle leadership, monitor metric performance, identify revenue optimization opportunities, and advocate CHI’s revenue cycle position on key decisions. This position is responsible for overseeing and managing the patient services revenue yield for CHI Health in a compliant manner. Currently, this responsibility equates to approximately $2.0 billion. This includes all aspects that impact the ultimate yield – revenue cycle, third party reimbursement, CDM, charge capture, denial management, identification & pursuit of revenue optimization opportunities, and work with Finance in establishing & maintaining appropriate accounts receivable reserves. This role will work extensively with Revenue Cycle Operations members, CHI National colleagues, VPs of Revenue Cycle in other markets, and other external vendors with whom the market contracts for revenue cycle related services.
1. Lead revenue cycle performance monitoring and improvement initiatives at the market level to create a high performing revenue cycle across front-end, middle, and back-end functions
2. Create visibility and accountability of revenue cycle performance at the market level
3. Review and interpret key indicator reports and participate in discussions for corrective actions to be taken by Revenue Cycle Operations in the markets in response to variances and trends
4. Assess revenue cycle performance in accordance with goals and objectives set by CHI National and the National Director of Acute Revenue Cycle
5. Allocate and manage the revenue cycle market budget and make market-specific purchases
6. Manage vendor relations and contract coordination with both Revenue Cycle Operations and CHI National, and work to ensure that revenue cycle vendors are fulfilling their roles and working in conjunction with CHI’s mission and philosophy
7. Facilitate relationships and break down barriers in conjunction with CHI and MBO IT, Revenue Cycle Operations, and preferred vendors
8. Serve as a subject matter expert in the interpretation of revenue cycle activities and needs to assure revenue cycle management is an efficient and effective function integrated into critical programs
9. Provide revenue cycle subject matter expertise in market specific committees and work group
10. Prepares, implements, and evaluates strategic operational plans in conjunction with the market SVP/CFO
· Minimum of ten (10) years of directly related financial experience with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in hospital revenue cycle
· Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience
· In-depth knowledge of Revenue Cycle functions end to end
· CMS regulations in both the inpatient and outpatient areas.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Broad-based knowledge regarding clinical practice, insurance and legal disciplines, hospital operations, and revenue cycle.
· Expert in problem resolution techniques.
· Excellent analytical skills, including data aggregation, analysis, interpretation, and application.
· Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
· CPA preferred
· Experience managing external vendor relationships, preferred