Div Human Resources Director - Management Consulting Business Line
8 - 10 years experience • Engineering Services
This position will beresponsible for supporting the Management Consulting portion of our business in the development and execution of globalHR plans and provide support to business leadership in achieving Management Consulting's business objectives. This position will lead and manage the U.S.-basedHR staff for Management Consulting. This role will assist in identifyingHR goals and success factors, participate in development and execution of action plans supporting Management Consulting business goals and supporting allHR related activities, including oversight and development of professionals’ development plans. This role will be the focal point to coordinate the use ofHR specialist resources in CorporateHR that are needed to implementHR programs and services.Responsible for developing and executing human resources (HR) plans to ensure the availability of human resources support in alignment with business line strategies.Responsibilities also include both leadership and management of the Human Resources team for Management Consulting. Provides specific direction for initiatives including workforce planning, talent acquisition, talent rewards, organizational effectiveness, succession planning, talent development, employee relations, and employee engagement for all B&V Management Consulting professionals with strongpartnership with all business lines’HR in Asia Pacific, India, and South AfricaHR leadership and teams. This position serves as a champion for aligningHR policies, procedures, and goals with the organizational goals, assisting the business units and partnering with the CorporateHR functions in their efforts to grow the business and increase value contribution, and continually develop the skills of our B&V professionals. This is a working leader/manager position in which the manager will develop and executeHR plans, lead and manage theHR Team and perform generalist andrecruitment functions, as necessary. Aggressively promotes “employer of choice” image within the marketplace, while enhancing image across the organization. Utilizes and creates global tools and processes to create a consistent flow of qualified candidates throughout the organization. Works in a collaborative fashion with all levels of management andHRDirectors and staff.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Actively participates in developing, executing, coordinating or communicating human resource plans in some or all of the following areas:
- Workforce size and skill mix planning
- Training and development
- Succession planning
- Work and organization design
- Performance management for organization and professionals
- Culture assessment and development
- Employee relations & coaching
- Compensation administration
Leads process in interpreting and translating business strategy into human resources and organization initiatives and partners with other business line HRBP leads to share resources and influence HR results.
• Identifies critical HR goals and success factors for the business; develops related action plans and delivers corresponding results.
• Cultivates a partnering relationship with business line management and professionals, while maintaining an HR perspective.
• Establishes open and trusting relationship. Engages productively and proactively in business discussions. Provides input and advises management.
• Performs role as change agent for implementing new HR programs and/or processes. Evaluates impact of HR initiatives on the business. Assists in development and executing communication plans.
• Advises business management and professionals on the interpretation of personnel policies, programs and procedures. Seeks to ensure compliance and understanding of HR policies.
• Assures HR programs are carried out in accordance with company’s policies and procedures. Proposes improvement to policies, programs and procedures to improve effectiveness of human resources and operations.
• Identifies and aligns internal and external resources needed to accomplish business HR initiatives. Engages HR specialists effectively and proactively. Coordinates schedules and timelines.
• Provides guidance and direction to HR Specialists to ensure understanding of business’s structure, industry, market, policies, etc.
• Coordinates involuntary terminations and reduction-in-force activities, as needed.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement efforts. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
• Acts as an active partner and liaison between business line and HR functional areas. Coordinates or assists HR Specialists in coordinating HR processes such merit, bonus, goal setting, performance evaluation, supervisory training, succession planning, and performance improvement/discipline.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred
Experience: 8+ year’s progressive HRexperience in one or more functional areas
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Broad basic knowledge of all functional areas in HR.
• Strong understanding of HR programs, policies and procedures.
• Good understanding of employment law.
• Strong understanding of division administrative policies and procedures.
• Good understanding of division’s industry, market, technology, business model and metrics.
• Strong understanding of division’s business operations.
• Strong financial acumen to understand key financial indicators, and recognize profitability and revenue opportunities.
• Global perspective of common business practices and impact on business.
• Strong human relations skills, including ability to influence and negotiate.
• Strong multi-tasking skills
• Strong long-term conceptual planning ability
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
• Excellent problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Excellent conflict management and human relations (written, verbal, client service) skills
• Good understanding of Human Resource Information Systems.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Good supervisory skills
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Industry experience preferred.
• Construction experience preferred.