As a key collaborative partner of the Division leadership team, the Director Marketing Communications is responsible for developing and executing a sound marketing communications plan to deliver a sufficient volume of qualified leads necessary to meet Division net sign-up goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads marketing planning and execution for multiple Divisions or Geographies – OR – a Division where sign up plan volume is >1,000.
- Oversees multiple (2 or more) staff of Marketing Managers and/or Marketing Coordinators.
- Establishes lead goals by brand & community to achieve Division net sign-up plan, given local conversion and cancellation rates.
- Develop marketing communications plan(s), including community priorities, advertising support needs, and message/offer strategy.
- Collaborate with Division and Area leadership to secure annual marketing budget necessary to deliver the plan. Manage Division budget(s) on an on-going basis withformal quarterly updates detailing brand & community actual and projected investment.
- With support of corporate media planning resources, approve media budget and develop media plan.
- Assess return on marketing investment using available tracking tools.
- Collaborate on an on-going basis with Division and Area leaders on status of marketing communications plan, results attainment, and calls-to-action/offers.
- Lead the process for new community set-ups to ensure that the Division hits critical milestones, including target opening dates.
- Collaborate with Division/Area leadership to address business issues, identifying and assessing risks and marketing opportunities
- Ability to think deeply, develop a point of view on complex marketing issues and influence Division/Area leadership on course of action
- Act as primary point-of-contact for Pulte Interior Design (formerly Retail Experience Group).
- Act as liaison with the Concierge team for inbound lead handling & connection with Sales.
- Collaborate with corporate communications team on local PR needs.
- Identify key competitors and stay abreast of local marketing activity.
- Ability to successfully operate and adapt in an environment with changes to timelines and priorities
- Capable of confidently presenting and interacting the Divisions/Area leadership; ability to talk off script when answering marketing questions
Management Responsibilities (With Direct Reports)
- Ability to develop and guide direction of a marketing team
- Ensures appropriate staffing to meet department needs
- Utilizes recruiting and selection tools/processes to build organizational talent
- Delegates work according to employee’s abilities and skills
- Evaluates employee’s performance and plans for compensation actions in accordance with that performance
- Provides developmental opportunities through identification of internal and external training opportunities
- Creates opportunities for employee growth
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors)
- Decision Impact: Division
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: Yes
- Direct Reports: Yes
- Indirect Reports: No
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing or equivalent in related field
- Valid Driver’s License because driving is an essential function of this position.
- Minimum 7-10 years marketing and/or sales management experience
- Strong market research skills
- Stron written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of success
- Ability to lead and motivate
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure.