At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
We are currently looking for a District Service Manager to join our team, based in the Dallas area. This individual will provide exceptional Customer service, leadership and talent management to a full-service district by driving a Customer First culture. They will be responsible for the growth and profitability of the district by driving service revenue and sale partnerships with an annual revenue value of $3M - $6M. They will also develop a high performing service team that drives Customer Satisfaction and revenue growth. Further, they will recruit, train, develop and retain top talent; manage talent appropriately to ensure team stability and success. This individual will ensure all safety protocols and requirements are adhered to at all times; drive a culture of safety. They will attain or exceed established business objectives, utilizing strong leadership skills to motivate and lead the combined efforts of the service team. They will also effectively deploy STERIS resources in the best interests of our stakeholders (shareholders, employees, Customers).
- Own Customer Satisfaction and revenue attainment in the district. Develop financial forecasts and track financial performance to ensure profitability of service business. Build Customer relationships and represent service in critical Customer meetings, sales opportunities, and in the resolution of escalations that require the presence of a leader.
- Assure quality of the Customer experience through efficient deployment of resources, frequent Customer contact, and adherence to Corporate and Service quality initiatives. Ensure Customer satisfaction through quality field service processes that maximize technician productivity and efficiency. This includes proactively identifying customer needs and timely escalation of issues to Service Engineering or Area Vice Presidents as appropriate with recommended solutions.
- Enforce current standards, codes, and procedures regarding safe and effective use of equipment, auto maintenance programs, and other polices as required. Ensure STERIS is represented in a professional manner while at Customer sites. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for leading a geographically dispersed service team. Own talent management and talent acquisition to ensure Customer business expectations are met. Monitor and manage employee performance during field visits. Provide feedback, coaching and timely performance discussions and appraisals.
- Execute disciplinary action as required within the assigned territory. Act as a liaison between the company and the field to be a conduit for positive and constructive feedback. Consistently set expectations of performance for the District and the Region which includes frequent communication of milestones.
- Work with technicians, responsible for maximizing service contracts within assigned area to drive success. Maintain intimate knowledge of contractobligations to Customers and develop procedures to ensure timely execution. Motivate and educate technicians to play active role in providing sales leads and monitoring contract status. Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions - cont'd
- High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering or related technical field of study preferred.
- 5+ years in a field service management role (managing virtually) leading field teams or equivalent/progressive experience in STERIS Field Service.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional Customer service in a business environment.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and manage a profitable business unit. Demonstrated ability to develop and analyze complicated financial data.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems. Ability to gather and analyze data, propose solutions and develop action plans.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to apply LEAN and process improvement methods.
- Strong aptitude with computers and Windows software. Proficiency with web technologies and navigating internet/intranet sites.
- Valid driver’s license
Skills & Requirements
STERIS is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not onlycommitted to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Req ID: 14525