- Responsible for leading a geographically dispersed service team.
- Own talent management and talent acquisition to ensure Customer business expectations are met.
- Monitor and manage employee performance during field visits.
- Provide feedback, coaching and timely performance discussions and appraisals.
- Execute disciplinary action as required within the assigned territory.
- Act as a liaison between the company and the field to be a conduit for positive and constructive feedback.
- Consistently set expectations of performance for the District and the Region which includes frequent communication of milestones.
- Work with technicians, responsible for maximizing service contracts within assigned area to drive success.
- Maintain intimate knowledge of contract obligations to Customers and develop procedures to ensure timely execution.
- Motivate and educate technicians to play active role in providing sales leads and monitoring contract status.
- Develop financial forecasts and track financial performance to ensure profitability.
- Implement protocols and procedures as required ensuring cost effective delivery of service quality.
- Deliver targeted financial performance for the district.
- Complete Customer needs analysis and generate solutions with quotes to meet the identified Customer needs. This includes negotiation, pricing, and renewal management for new and existing business.
- Work closely with Sales to facilitate capital, consumable, and service sales joint account planning to maximize the STERIS “Share of Wallet.”
- Work within the region to promote and secure new business.
- Attain or exceed established operational objectives through the combined efforts of the STERIS team.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, scheduling, budgeting, and supervising technical personnel for assigned area, to fully satisfy Customer’s service needs.
- Responsible for the prompt and accurate submission of expense reports, time cards, service tickets, accounts payable, billing transmittals, and other administrative requirements as assigned by supervisor.
- Recommend and/or approve purchases of equipment, parts supply, etc. for assigned district.
- Ensure proper maintenance and calibration of tools, test equipment, and other related assigned equipment.
What Skills, Abilities and Education are needed?
The ideal candidate drives Customer solution-focused practices, that achieve business growth through industry leading service talent. This is a critical role in driving Customer retention and business growth, through collaboration with Sales, Installation, Engineering, and other business unit stakeholders. You will utilize your leadership and exceptional change management skills to ensure current objectives are met, while positioning your Customers, and our teams for future success. As a STERIS leader, you are a talent champion in attracting, developing, and engaging teams to build Customer trust, achieve performance targets and navigate changing priorities. This role requires proven coaching and performance management competencies that empower employees to do their best work, and support change initiatives to drive optimum outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 6 years of experience, including 2 years leading teams. In lieu of degree, 14 years’ relevant work experience, including relevant leadership experience (includes military leadership roles) will be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge in resource planning, managing employee performance, and basic P&L/budget reporting.
- Demonstrated experience leading a region, district, or territory with multiple direct reports.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel around 60% of the time, including overnight stays to attend Customer meetings and support team development.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook, and strong competency in learning & supporting teams with new technology tools (Apps, SharePoint).
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Experience leading field teams (managing virtually) preferred.
- Continuous Improvement training or proven results a plus.
- Strong business acumen, and related experience in data analysis, budget management and change management preferred.
What STERIS can offer you!
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established, global company that will invest in your career growth over the long term. STERIS wouldn’t be where it is today without our incredible, talented people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Base salary plus incentive/bonus opportunity
- Car and cell phone stipend
- Business travel and all related expenses paid
- Excellent medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Excellent opportunities for advancement