$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Miami, FL 33299
Industry: Telecommunications & Hardware•
5 - 7 years
Posted 57 days ago
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The District Service Manager manages the service activities of the field service teams to include: Field Service Site Leads, Field Service Technicians and Third Party Representatives within their geographical territory.
The District includes a specific portion of a country, and may include several states and/or territories. Coordinates various service activities e.g. new installations, repairs, and preventative maintenance; manages work schedules to ensure appropriate support is maintained as required. Manages field service teams to consistently meet or exceed performance metrics (response time, PM completion, call resolution and closure, mean time between critical failures, part RMA, etc). Responsible for driving customer satisfaction within the territory. Works closely with other L3Harris S&DS functional organizations to assist in providing robust customer solutions, while providing integral feedback of customer service requirements. Provides leadership on and manages complex projects involving multiple technical and administrative disciplines. Drives increases in incremental revenue and identifies cost containment opportunities within the District. Forecasts and controls various budgets and delivery schedules on a district and per project level. Develops and manages critical account escalation procedures in collaboration with applicable service program manager(s). Monitors and manages training and development of technical staff. Mentors field service team, identifies team members' strengths & weaknesses, visualizes development needs and works with L3Harris S&DS training department as required. Actively manages cross-training of team and schedules accordingly. Creates performance evaluations utilizing input from Site Leads and recommends change based upon departmental need.
The position requires strong leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse work staff. The individual must be capable of decisive and prudent action in the absence of direct managerial guidance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the delivery of service needs and driving customer satisfaction within the District
• Manages District, Site, Equipment and Employees analytically utilizing various L-3 systems to include but not limited to Customer Relationship Management (CRM) / Service Management Software (SMS) systems.
• Utilize CRM, SMS and ERP systems to verify KPIs are being met and continuously strive to improve District efficiencies.
• Assists in other program areas when business needs arise e.g. TSA, FedEx, and FPS etc.
• Establishes and maintains a close relationship with the Sales Manager(s) / distributors within the territory to present a unified business posture
• Actively manages cross-training of team and schedules accordingly
• Manages a high performance Field Service team
• Meets or exceeds performance metrics for all customers and products
• Creates and manages operating budget. Meets or exceeds revenue and profitability targets
• Reviews all open issues and prepares formal reports to customers and managers as necessary
• Participates in Service sales opportunities and assists with promoting/ implementing revenue programs
• Interviews, selects, trains and mentors new employees, including on-going assessments
• Possesses an intermediate level of technical knowledge on the company's products. Has the skill and flexibility to be able to switch from one product to another as needed
• Travel and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be required
• Comply with and ensure department compliance with company health, safety and environmental policies
• Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations
• Other duties as required
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Education/Training:Bachelors Degree is preferred (technical or business field) or 5 years of related technical / comparative work / life experience will be considered. Computer literacy, competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialized software programs.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of Service/Service Management experience of a large territory. Additionally 5 years directly involved in troubleshooting, field repair or technical support activities centered on electrical and electronic systems and equipment. Proven customer relationship management experience. Excellent product familiarity and demonstrated troubleshooting and repair proficiency is required.
Knowledge/Skills: Individual shall possess excellent communication and problem solving skills. Timely submission of required documentation is essential. A strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork is required. Must be responsive to all customer issues during non standard work hours such as evenings, weekends and holidays. Must be willing and able to travel at short notice.
Supervises: Leads and manages a remote team of Site Leads, Field Service Technicians and Third Party Representatives within their geographical territory.
Background: Must be able to pass and maintain an in-depth background check (TSA vetting) and be a US citizen.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Possess excellent organizational, communication (verbal and written), and interpersonal skills with the ability to multi task several projects concurrently
• Excellent customer management skills and the ability to handle and diffuse stressful situations
• Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable individual
• Possess outstanding telephone and interpersonal communication skills
Valid Through: 2019-9-20