Job ID: BEC009594
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
In the role as District Manager you will supervise a group of Field Service Engineers to ensure customer needs and expectations are met in a timely manner.
Primary focus is on service metrics to include localized escalation, engineer technical mentoring and daily activities such as PM’s, MODs and balancing workload.
- Oversee the installation and maintenance of instrumentation and systems in a laboratory environment.
- Define needs of BCI personnel with regard to training and developmental needs.
- Establishes goals to meet objectives.
- Recommend hiring/firing/disciplinary decisions affecting employees
- Monitor operating budget.
- Ensure Field Service activities comply with group standards and procedures.
- Communicate Field Service issues to Regional management.
- Extensive travel - up to 50% - on short notice required.
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet Beckman Coulter safe driver selection criteria.
- Strong background in business operations.
- High School diploma / Equivalent
- 9+ years field service experience OR equivalent military experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ year’s supervisory experience