Bring your talents to a leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions. Rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation, our medical technologies open doors. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Join us for a career that changes lives. CAREERS THAT CHANGE LIVES - POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Leads CVG service related activities and programs to efficiently optimize resources, deliver customer value and deliver exceptional service. Drive execution of key CVG initiatives to achieve Group, BU and Regional level goals. Partner with regional management teams to achieve implant, revenue and expense goals for assigned geography. Manage, develop and motivate service employees to deliver unsurpassed patient care, physician/AHP service and technical expertise in the hospital, clinic and other care settings. A DAY IN THE LIFE: POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to coordinate, develop and execute strategies to achieve short and long term business objectives especially related to service activities and programs.
- Works with district(s)/territories/Regional Sales Coordinators to ensure efficient and effective scheduling of CRDM implant and follow-up coverage for assigned geography.
- Partners with sales team to drive key service initiatives and provide service assessments via periodic business reviews, RFPs, etc. that highlight the value of Medtronic service to our customers.
- Lead and drive changes focused on service burden reduction and new service models.
- Work with regional and district leadership to align resources based on business priorities and appropriate service demands.
- Partner with district management teams to achieve business objectives, execute on CVG strategies, implant, revenue and expense goals.
- Drive cross BU support for key CVG programs/needs.
- Manage the CVG Champions Program to ensure proper execution of BU expectations. Drive accountability through adherence to deadlines and timely documentation of Champion related activities in Salesforce.com and completion of other stated deliverables.
- Manages Service Team to deliver unsurpassed service, technical expertise and support the achievement of implant and revenue goals.
- Provide ongoing feedback and coaching to direct reports; provides regular performance reviews and implements corrective actions where necessary.
- Assist employees with individual development planning.
- Responsible Clinical Specialist recruiting and hiring. Continually work to maintain a strong, diverse bench of Clinical Specialist talent for future hiring opportunities.
MUST HAVE - BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Business Discipline: Sales support, inventory/OPC, credentialing, expense management, data privacy, PO pendings, warranty credits and required training
- Ensure efficient, effective use of inventory, expenses and assets
- Apply Customer Focused Quality Concepts
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
NICE TO HAVE - DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years of successful professional experience OR
- 2 years of experience directly managing employees in a healthcare organization
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Medtronic experience in role that interacts with CVG field organization
- Knowledge of local cardiac customer base
- Knowledge of Cardiac Rhythm Management service coverage requirements for implants and follow-ups
- Experience in sales, marketing, training, healthcare, technical services or related areas in the medical device industry
- Training and experience with Lean Sigma principles
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Experience in a healthcare related discipline
- Ability to learn and understand technical aspects of business
- Ability to manage, coach and develop managers and employees
- Capable of critical/strategic thinking; ability to execute strategy
- The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent required travel to customer clinics, hospitals and offsite meetings. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- The employee must be able to travel by air or car or other mode of transportation.