This District Sales Leader is responsible for leading the sales strategy and sales activities within a defined territory by driving the business planning and development activities that lead to profitably grow sales and the attainment of the territory objectives.
The District Sales Leader (DSL) is in the field, engaging with the sales representatives to develop and maintain existing customer relationships and expanding the customer base. The DSL is responsible for holding the direct sales representatives accountable for all sales objectives and tactics, for identifying new talent, managing sales and operational activities on a daily basis, and developing the skills and effectiveness of their direct reports. The DSL is responsible for measuring, monitoring and trending sales representative performance and intervenes to ensure successful achievement of business results including quota achievement, expense budget, and asset management.
Essential job functions:
- Drive sales planning and execution initiatives to include; reliable forecasting and quota achievement, identification of key opportunities, market trends, competitor activity, and key accounts for activity initiatives
- Designs and implements long- term sustainable growth strategies for the district and the sales reps within the district
- Direct tactical plans to achieve business objectives within the defined territory
- Plans and monitors progress to successfully achieve and exceed sales goals
- Demonstrates a leadership presence and influence that contributes to a high performing Sales Team while holding all members accountable for; responsible asset management, effective time management, professional conduct, independent development, responsible and effective expense management, and accurate reporting
- Develops positive and professional relationships by actively engaging with Physicians, key customers and accounts
- Manages expenses and budget for the district
- Conducts Human Resources functions including recruitment, selection and onboarding; performance assessment and management; retention; workforce planning; coaching, mentoring and developing the sales force
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years B2B sales experience
- 3+ years management experience
- Medical Device sales; experience in an OR setting; orthopedics sales experience
- Ability to work in an operating room environment; Willingness to travel a high percentage of time.
- Ability to retain technical product knowledge in order to ensure the safe and effective use of all product areas within the sales organization
- Must have intimate knowledge of the sales cycle and an ability to articulate and apply to all product areas
- Strong interpersonal skills required in the areas of verbal and written communication, customer focus, professionalism, coaching and team building
- Strong listening, assessment and analytical skills
- Strong questioning and problem solving skills
- Proficient with MS Office products, specifically Excel; proficient in sales reporting