Professionally directs sales strategies within Education segment. Accountable for achieving profit and revenue goals by managing a book of assigned accounts and / or leading 1-15 IndustrialAccount Executives and Account Managers. Develops and maintains business relationships with customers at all levels of an organization. May present sales strategy and solutioneering options to external and internal executives and/or down into the organization to tool users and buying groups at various locations and customer sites. Accountable for sales/marketing penetration strategies and district level supporting business unit goals and delivery of same. Responsible for coaching, leading and developing assigned employees. This position covers the Western United States.
- Directs/manages assigned remote employees to drive district sales/marketing activities using consultative management strategies.
- Implements and manages sales, marketing and operational strategies to improve Snap-on market share.
- Accountable for budget goals and resource allocation.
- Accountable for district revenue, profit and market share goals.
- Recruits, staffs, trains, motivates, leads and directs assigned team to maximum performance and achieving assigned sales and inventory goals.
- Implements and manages corporate and business unit programs working cross functionally and across divisions to foster internal parity.
- Insure corporate compliance initiatives are achieved.
- Analyzes territory accounts, contracts and develops strategies for growth and profitability.
- Negotiates ethically on price, terms and conditions consistent with Snap-on and Industrial Business group values and strategies. Works with Contract Administrator to insure compliance.
- Penetrates existing accounts to expand market share.
- Maintains Company customer contact database
- Provides exceptional customer service and solutioneering strategies
- Manages budget and inventory for self and team
- Manages Accounts Receivables in accordance with established Company guidelines.
- Prepares requisite reporting inclusive of call reports, board reports, trip reports, expense reports and customer call documentation
- Ambassador of corporate values to quality people, profitable growth and operational fitness.
- Bachelordegreerequired, Master's degree preferred
- Exceptional communication and team building
- Successful record of increasing responsibility
- Strong sales strategizing and LRP familiarity
- Excellent written & verbal skills
- Impeccable personal presentation and executive office etiquette
- Valid driver’s license with impeccable driving record and ability to obtain requisite insurance coverage.
- Solid knowledge of Education segment is preferred
- Min of 3-5 years (prefer 5+ yrs.) outside sales experience is required, preferably in an Industrial or Tool market
- Must have 3-5 years supervisory experience managing remote outside remote sales force or similar group & successfully managed large projects
- Must hold all credentials or requirements needed for assigned customer accounts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite products, including Word, Outlook, etc. as well as Excel, PowerPoint and other required systems
- Supports and practices safety in the workplace
- Directing & Developing others
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Functional Understanding
- Planning and Organizing & Problem Solving skills
- Business Acumen
- Sales/Marketing penetration experience and Negotiation skills
- Cognitive ability, Strategic Thinking
- Motivation and Drive