Ideal candidate would be CENTRALLY located in the CA, NV, OR territory or willing to relocate without relocation assistance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties include the following - other duties may be assigned:
- Meet/exceed monthly Smith & Wesson sales volume targets for assigned territory.
- Build a territory sales development plan that ensures key accounts are contacted on a regular basis
- Develop account sales and marketing strategies for AA and A dealers
- Implement approved sales programs for assigned territory. Meet program goals for assigned territories.
- Exceed big box advanced training goals for assigned territories
- Identify product gaps in key accounts within territory and implement sell in plan to expand product placement
- Implement and execute the Advertising Support Program for assigned territory.
- Successfully sell in and execute quarterly dealer and big box push and pull promotions for assigned territory.
- Plan and execute quarterly Smith & Wesson promotional events with the key accounts for assigned territory.
- Monitor and report on competitive activity.
- Conduct monthly Smith & Wesson product training sessions for key accounts and Big Box sales people focusing on key product segments -- Bolt Action Rifles, M&P pistols, M&P rifles, performance center products, X-frames, etc.
- Conduct Smith & Wesson shooting events for key accounts and big box counter sales people
- Support the Sporting Goods sales team by working distributor, buying group, big box and key dealer trade shows and events as requested.
- Investigate and resolve customer service complaints.
- Manage spending by not exceeding your assigned expense budget.
- Manage spending by not exceeding your assigned TDF budgets.
- Manage spending by not exceeding your assigned advertising support budgets
- Submit weekly travel/call schedules.
Experience, Competencies and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related field
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience in a sales, marketing or customer service role with a branded consumer products leader, preferably in the sporting goods product category.
- An ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Sales and service systems development and deployment experience
- Employee training and development experience
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills
- High performance team experience and the desire to be a strong team player
- Commitment to Company values