- Meet/exceed monthly Smith & Wesson sales volume targets for assigned territory.
- Implement the Top Gun Dealer program for assigned territory.
- Execute Top Gun Dealer and Big Box report card initiatives for assigned territory on time and complete.
- Develop a sell in plan for Smith & Wesson products currently not carried by your Top Gun customers.
- Implement and execute the Advertising Support Program for assigned territory.
- Successfully sell in and execute quarterly dealer and big box push and pull promotions for assigned territory.
- Plan and execute quarterly Smith & Wesson promotional events with the Top Gun Dealers for assigned territory.
- Monitor and report on competitive activity.
- Sell in the Showcase Program. Write replenishment orders, insuring that all Showcase items are either in stock or on order at Top Gun Dealers.
- Sell in the Range Program.
- Conduct monthly Smith & Wesson product training sessions for Top Gun Dealers and Big Box sales people focusing on key product segments -- Shotguns, Bolt Action Rifles, M&P pistols, M&P rifles, performance center products, X-frames, etc.
- Conduct Smith & Wesson shooting seminars for Top Gun Dealers and big box counter sales people -- at least once per year.
- Support the Sporting Goods sales team by working distributor, buying group, big box and key dealer trade shows and events as requested.
- Investigate and resolve customer service complaints.
- Manage spending by not exceeding your assigned expense budget.
- Manage spending by not exceeding your assigned TDF/DDF budgets.
- Manage spending by not exceeding your assigned advertising support budgets
- Submit weekly travel/call schedules.
- Experience, Competencies and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related field; MBA preferred
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience in a sales, marketing or customer service role with a branded consumer products leader, preferably in the sporting goods product category.
- Sales management experience within a manufacturing environment
- An ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Sales and service systems development and deployment experience
- Employee training and development experience
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills
- High performance team experience and the desire to be a strong team player
- Commitment to Company values
- Must have strong command of the English language, both verbal and written communications
- Exceptional skills in MS Office Suite -- Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Complete all necessary training as required by assigned department and position
- Participate in and follow all company initiatives
- Participate in continuous improvement projects (Kaizen events, 5S, etc)
- Must be able to stand, sit, stoop, squat and walk
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
PERSONNEL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection required when on factory floor
- The use of additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required when a job task(s) is being completed in or around your assigned department or in another department, this includes safety eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear
- All employees are required to apply ergonomic principles to all job tasks
- Normal office environment conditions
- Within the Smith & Wesson manufacturing facility, employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting
- Work environment is similar to most manufacturing operations. May be exposed to excessive noise, temperatures, hazards associated with working around moving machinery, work in confined quarters, exposure to vibrations and shop lighting