A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling At Rheem, we’re dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day. The District Sales Manager will be responsible for analyzing market potential in terms of unit sales and market share and establishing annual and long-term sales and market share objectives. The role will also utilize market statistics to assist customers in setting annual and long-term objectives and goals. This position will serve our Air Conditioning Division (ACD), located in Fort Smith, AR WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Execute joint business plan by actively participating in necessary activities to complete desired objectives.
- Conduct training for distributor sales personnel to cover new and existing products, customer call strategies, and any topic related to HVAC equipment.
- Plan sales call strategies with and without distributor sales personnel to contact air conditioning contractors, residential new construction and replacement contractors, commercial contractors, engineers, and utilities.
- Assist distributors’ management personnel in the planning and implementation of an annual advertising and promotion strategy. This includes reviewing programs with distributor management team on a regular basis.
- Plan and conduct dealer and sales meetings as required in individual markets.
- Develop and maintain working relationship with influential utilities, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Review financial status of distributor accounts, making every effort to ensure that accounts are current and that statements are clean of questionable deductions. Review distributors’ inventories to ensure that such is adequate, current, and relative to the market.
- Assist customers in developing competitive pricing surveys, review and preapprove distributors’ pricing requests to the Pricing Department. DSM should properly balance
- the margin sharing available between distributor and Rheem throughout all negotiations.
- Maintain records to provide quick analysis of performance i.e. purchases, market share, co-op, promotional utilization, inventories, and classification of accounts.
- Supervise other employees
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree required or comparable experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in the HVAC Industry.
- At least 3 years’ experience in sales or in a similar position working directly with customers.
- Available for frequent overnight travel and a flexible schedule.
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required.
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.