POSITION SUMMARY: To call on Distributors, Industrial Consumers, and Original Equipment Manufacturing accounts within assigned district. To meet or exceed sales budgets and operate within expense guidelines. Uses consultative selling approach and can properly design, recommend, and apply products to meet customer needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Meet established sales quotas and revenue goals to ensure region meets assigned sales budgets and expense controls. Log individual opportunities won, account activity and customer contact info within Salesforce.com. Must meet annual target for won opportunities logged in Salesforce.com.
- Research customer needs and develop application of products and services in an effective manner to determine market strategies and goals for each product and service.
- Research and develop lists of potential customers.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments and that effect target markets.
- Establish and maintain customer contacts that lead to sales.
- Maintain an effective communication path with the customer to ensure sales opportunities for products.
- Make regular sales calls to develop relationships and follow up on leads.
- Develop and maintain long and short range sales and marketing plans.
- Maintain awareness of strategic plans and procedures to coordinate market plans.
- Monitor and communicate sales activity to contribute to product and service planning.
- Take responsibility for and making every effort to resolve communication, trust and respect concerns and problems.
- Communicates with home office support staff and regional office and on a regular and consistent basis on items such as expense reports, mileage reports, sales call reports, traffic accidents and worker compensation etc.
- Implement distribution strategies to accelerate growth of new and additional products and/or new markets.
- Monitor competitive environment to identify opportunities and countermeasures to address competition.
- Other tasks or duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Functions as an individual contributor with no supervisory responsibilities. #L1-SD1 JOB REQUIREMENTS QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Five plus years of sales experience or equivalent industry experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degreepreferred.
- Must be a self-starter who is motivated to plan and manage customer needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including formal presentation skills before both small and large groups.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving with special emphasis on closing the sale.
- Effective territory management
- Effective use of pre-call planning techniques
- A demonstrable capacity to keep abreast of new technology trends and how they would apply to real world projects.
- Ability to communicate openly, honestly and constructively and treat all customers with dignity and respect.
- Constantly lifts, carries or otherwise moves objects weighing up to 50 pounds when stocking supply room and store shelves.
- Frequently bends, stoops, climbs ladders and crouches on a regular basis when stocking supply room and store shelves.
- Ability to drive long distances for extended periods of time.
- Must be proficient with the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to make decisions within established guidelines, policies and budgets.
- Travel required for this position is 50% - 70%.