Who are we looking for as a District Sales Manager?
Patterson Dental is looking for results-oriented individuals with a history of strong sales success who is interested in leading and developing a successful sales team.
District Sales Manager Overview:
As a District Sales Manager, you are responsible for managing staff within an assigned district, ensuring efficient and profitable direction in achieving District and Branch goals.
Why join Patterson?
Patterson Companies is an industry-leading specialty distributor serving the dental, veterinary and rehabilitation supply markets. Driven to meet the needs of healthcare professionals in these growing markets, Patterson provides a total-package approach to doing business.
Our customers benefit from a diverse platform of products and services, as well as the convenience and peace of mind that come with relying on one trusted partner for everything they need.
- Analyzing and evaluating sales activities as well as market trends and customer needs for sales optimization.
- Developing sales team by providing ongoing training and development and by giving specific and constructive feedback to foster development of skills.
- Foster a "practice partner" mentality with Doctors and staff by analyzing business needs, discussing benefits and features of equipment and technology solutions, coordinating product demonstrations, explaining return on investment and tax advantages, and discussing emerging trends in the dental industry.
- Being well versed on Patterson products and services, industry information and possessing competitive intelligence.
- Reviewing and evaluating the work of direct reports to assess job performance.
- Participating in the selection process determining personnel needs to ensure coverage on all jobs and that branch obligations are met.
- Maintaining accurate records for prospects, customer orders, sales records, and other financial activity.
- Other duties related to the District Sales Manager position.
What background and experience is needed as a District Sales Manager?
- The ideal candidate will possess a 4 yeardegree or a minimum of 3 years' experience in business to business sales or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the dental industry. Computer proficiency including knowledge of MS Office is required.
- Three of more years of demonstrated sales experience in the dental sales or related field is preferred.
- A strong initiative with exceptional customer service, planning and problem solving skills is desired. Effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to present and negotiate are highly preferred qualities.
- The ability to effectively lead people and build a high performing team, being adaptable, and facilitate ongoing development is key.
- Previous success attaining and exceeding sales goals is a plus.
If you're passionate about guiding and managing a team to success, we strongly encourage you to submit your application for the District Sales Manager opening!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Job ID 2019-8904