District Sales Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Note: This position is also available at our Scottsdale, AZ location
At Loanpal, not only do we strive to be the top nationally recognized direct lender, we also work hard to be a sought after employer. To achieve this, we need exceptionally talented people with the same goal in mind – to make a positive impact in the lives of our customers. We believe that a happy customer is the result of happy employees. It’s that simple. Our company is filled with bright, dedicated individuals who help to create a culture of hard work, professional development, and celebrated achievements. Loanpal is an award winning employer, named a Best Place To Work for 9 consecutive years. Be part of a ground-breaking organization that puts people first.
Learn more about our perks and culture!
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Premier training programs. We invest in your professional development.
The District Sales Manager will build his/her own sales team to sell and close conventional, FHA (“Full Eagle” designation) and VA residential home loans. The District Sales Manager will handle all aspects monitoring and managing the sales process and staff management within a designated branch.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily operation of the branch including production/origination efforts, recruitment and development of personnel, expense management, Coaching report and scheduling of tasks
- Supervise, train, monitor and motivate Mortgage Loan Officers (inside sales) and/or Mortgage Loan Originators and other production personnel
- Oversee the production/origination of multiple Branch offices including new market research, office locations, hiring and management issues, public relations, and monitoring of current market conditions and trends
- Represent a full range of mortgage financing solutions as a direct lender while educating all potential refinance and purchase clients regarding the features and benefits of our products
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Branch or Sales Manager, Mortgage Broker or related position in mortgage lending, originations and/or mortgage banking environment (retail preferred)
- Ability to build a sales team with proven mortgage loan sales producers in a short period
- Proven past record of personal production to demonstrate knowledge, experience and ability to train, supervise, monitor and motivate own sales team
- Must possess a valid California Mortgage Loan Originator License issued by the California Department of Corporations (DOC)
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of the Greater Sacramento Area’s mortgage and banking industries and leaders in those industries
- Solid understanding of sales and marketing of consumer products and the ability to supervise, train, and teach sales team methods to sell and deliver such products to diverse individuals and groups in a professional, ethical and effective manner
- Advanced knowledge of mortgage lending guidelines and regulations (FHA, VA Conventional, FHLMC, FNMA and private investor)
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Strong analytical and mathematical abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to underwrite a file thorough guideline knowledge, great deal structuring ability, and ability to underwrite income
- Demonstrate sales acumen including effective objection handling for results
- Must be registered and licensed as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) per the S.A.F.E. Act requirements in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS)
- Bachelor's Degree required
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.