The District Sales Manager is primarily responsible for providing coordination, supervision, and control for all sale personnel in his or her assigned region. Responsibilities include district sales strategy, sales management, management of district demonstration equipment & samples, recruitment, hiring, sales performance tracking, personnel development and district quota attainment, and overall performance of assigned district.
CONMED is a leader in medical technology. We empower healthcare providers worldwide to deliver exceptional outcomes for patients. If you are committed to making a difference, you'll find a group of people here that shares your passion for meaningful work. You'll be supported by a leadership team that promotes engagement through professional development, new challenges and growth opportunities over the course of your career. We value diversity of thought, background and experience. Come inspire us through your dedication, creativity and exceptional performance - we'll do the same for you!
- Provides leadership and management for all job functions within their assigned sales district.
- Responsible for achievement of district sales quota by franchise and participation in achievement of company targets as defined by the Vice President of North American Sales.
- Responsible for the management of the assigned territory and for setting strategic goals and objectives for sales force in assigned territory.
- Goals and objectives will include, but not limited to, quota attainment, margin control, expense control and market share growth.
- Responsible for sales representative development including product training, sales process training and professional development.
- The DSM may have direct selling responsibility for a group of accounts or KOL but is responsible for successful account management and case coverage throughout the district.
- Monitoring of sample and demo expenditures, and the budgeting for local and regional trade meetings and shows that are critical to the success of the region's sales growth.
- Responsible for new product launch success. The DSM is responsible for setting up regional training, performance tracking and additional duties and responsibilities as required to ensure that new product sales targets are achieved.
- Responsible for relationship and account development with key IDNs and GPOs in district. Ensures that the sales team is following up on key initiatives and directives associated with new contract launch.
Leave your footprint
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of sales / sales management experience or at least 10 years of sales and sales management experience selling medical devices.
- Knowledge Requirements: Previous P&L responsibility required.
- Sense of urgency and a sense of commitment, with strong relationship building and follow-up skills. Possess strong, personal motivational ability.
- Demonstrate a proven track record to meet targets, time management, and organizational skills.
- Display strong, written and oral communication skills in order to interface with customers, sales force and other departments. Possess strong computer skills, particularly in Excel.
- Must demonstrate creativity and flexibility while maintaining compliance with rules and regulations. Must be able to work independently, as well as within a team, and be able to continually adjust to several priorities at any given time. Must be able to effectively work unsupervised from a professional home-based office without personal interruptions.
- Demonstrate high intelligence with effective analytical / problem-solving skills. Exceptional recruiting and performance management skills.
- Clean driving record.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Short & long term disability plus life insurance -- cost paid fully by CONMED
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) -- company match dollar for dollar up to 7% Employee stock purchase plan -- allows stock purchases at discounted price.Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate level courses