HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You've earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you've worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role. Live What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role you will be the liaison to our customers by providing clinical knowledge of our products to medical professionals.
Amgen's medicines treat serious illnesses and our research address diseases with a limited number of treatment options. With a robust and differentiated pipeline, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people's lives.
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within our US Commercial Operations (USCO), we provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities such as this District Sales Manager opportunity.
This position will require strong ability to collaborate cross-functionally with other Amgen business units including District Sales Mangers, Regional Sales Directors and Corporate Account Managers.
Additional Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Track the progress of marketing messages and programs
- Provide feedback to district teams on the marketing, allocating, monitoring, and leveraging of internal and external resources (e.g., discretionary spend)
- Manage district teams to maximize their performance and help achieve/exceed sales and budget targets
- Screen, interview, and hire candidates
- Ensure compliance with training
- Demonstrate the appropriate coaching and counseling to prepare individuals for future development
- Conduct annual and on-going performance reviews and competency assessments
- Communicate and coordinate with both district and cross-functional teams (e.g., Marketing, Finance, other Business Units)
- Share best practices with direct reports and peers
- Coordinate and/or participate in cluster teams
- Conduct district sales meetings to guide districts
Win What we expect of you
- Develop local Opinion Leader relationships to achieve aligned objectives
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The sales professional we seek is a go-getter with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Sales/Marketing experience
Master's degree and 6 years of Sales/Marketing experience
Bachelor's degree or and 8 years of Sales/Marketing experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Sales/Marketing experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Sales/Marketing experience
2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources.
- Three + years of specialty sales experience (Nephrology, Rheumatology and/or Dermatology marketplace)
- Experience in biologics
- Buy and bill model experience
- Ability to consistently and objectively recognize and promote success behaviors, as well as diagnose and change unsatisfactory behaviors through effective coaching
- Ability to leverage market & customer knowledge to strategically target messages, resources, and activities within the territory
- Demonstrates knowledge of local payor coverage
- Ability to understand and articulate clinical concepts, data, and conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to utilize clinical information to effectively address customer questions and objections
- Ability to recruit candidates that meet the minimum job criteria
- Interviews and hires sales representatives that are capable and committed to fulfilling the job requirements
ThriveWhat you can expect of us
- Strong sense of responsibility and demonstrated self-discipline
- Setting appropriate short term and long term objectives; demonstrated success in communicating & collaborating with sales staff, peers, business unit counterparts in an effective and timely manner.
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $184,731 - $207,112.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
Stock-based long-term incentives
Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possibleApply now for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us. careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.