District Sales Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Building Materials
Territory includes Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Western Massachusettes.
CENTRIA has been leading the way with high performance, highly aesthetic architectural systems and building envelopes for over 100 years. Our comprehensive line of exterior metal building products and services help give a dramatic edge to some of the world's finest commercial, institutional and industrial buildings. We continue to be on the cutting edge of architectural system building technology with our advanced thermal and moisture protection technology.
CENTRIA is the leading manufacturer of metal wall and roof systems for use in the commercial, industrial and institutional marketplace. For additional information and photos of our award winning projects, visit www.centria.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
The District Sales Manager is responsible for promoting and developing specifications for CENTRIA products to architects, owners and contractors, as well as managing the DistributionNetwork’s sale of CENTRIA products in the district. The DSMs works with the RSM to develop promotional strategies to have CENTRIA products and systems incorporated on both new and retrofit construction. Through working closely with architects, owners and contractors the DSM develops a preferred position for CENTRIA on these projects. The DSM is expected to develop high-level and strategic relationships within the firm they are calling on within the district. The DSM also works closely with the CENTRIA Dealers and customers to support their efforts to promote, bid and close work. The DSM needs to be a strong communicator, presenter and influencer. The DSM is responsible to meet and exceed the sales goals established by the RSM and the Sales Management team.
- Successfully promote CENTRIA products, systems and services to architects, owners and contractors within the assigned district
- Conduct frequent presentations to architects and contractors in order to increase the awareness and use of CENTRIA products
- Work closely with architects and owners to develop specifications for CENTRIA products
- Identify and develop Dealers to support the sales effort
- Follow up on leads developed through CENTRIA advertising and Construction Reports Services received
- Follow up on referrals from the Pittsburgh corporate office and the DistributionNetwork
- Assist in the development of project bidding strategy
- Support CENTRIA with customer service issues as they develop on projects
- Grow relationships within new and existing architect, owner and contractor firms
- Enhance CENTRIA's reputation in the market by being a resource of information and consultative in matters of building enclosure, building science and construction.
- Candidate must reside in sales territory (Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Western Mass.).
- Bachelors degreerequired - engineering/technical degreepreferred
- Minimum 5years experience promoting highly specifiable products to architects
- Demonstrable evidence of business acumen
- Travel is required within the assigned territory.
- Occasional travel is required for national and regional sales meetings.
- Proficient in the use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Project/negotiation management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
- Presentation skills required
***EXTENSIVE TRAVEL REQUIRED**
This position requires travel. Travel is an essential function of the position. Our expense tracking and reporting requires that you be issued an American Express (AMEX) card to charge business expenses and manage your travel. The issuance of these cards is based generally upon your credit worthiness as determined by AMEX. Please understand that if you are unable to qualify for a card, we will not be able to consider you for the position. The Company cannot accept liability for card balances by backing transactions through financial guarantees. Any offer of employment is conditional on meeting this requirement, in addition to a negative drug test result, and an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR) check and criminal history background check.