A DAY IN THE LIFE:
• Provide coaching and feedback to Diabetes Territory Managers through field visits and phone contact. Provide a clear vision for the district and motivates the team.
• Ensure maximum sales coverage with resources available to achieve peak performance; puts metrics in place to measure success over time.
• Provides feedback and evaluation of performance after sales calls, presentations, etc., in order to improve technical and selling skills of sales people. Creates development opportunities and assesses performance and skill growth over time for each direct report.
• Ensure all field personnel are meeting or exceeding all objectives set including both revenue based objectives and market development objectives. This includes working strategically with each direct report to analyze and interpret the customer needs of the territory.
• Recruit, interview, and hire talented field employees.
• Ensure that new sales staff receives appropriate orientation and training.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with all key account personnel within the District in order to support selling, market development, service efforts and clinical programs.
• Provide performance and salary review of field personnel annually and submit recommendations to appropriate management.
• Maintain sales data and records on each territory in order to understand market trends, provide direction to employees, and communicate competitive data. Uses strong business acumen and metrics to manage district and provide feedback to Regional Sales VP.
• Interpret and explain business/marketing policies and programs to employees in order to maintain consistency and responsiveness to customer needs, ensuring that market and territory strategies are fully executed.
• Effectively control and monitor selling expenses for the District.
• Provide input to the Regional Sales VP on sales strategies, promotions, staffing needs, new product indications and product acceptance.
MUST HAVE - MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE BE SURE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS ARE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of 5 years successful medical device/pharmaceutical/healthcare sales experience.
• 2 years previous work experience having direct reports and managing teams -OR- 3 years' successful Medtronic Diabetes Field Sales experience as a Territory Manager/Sr Territory Manager