Manages assigned region's revenue, market share, staffing, expenses & profitability. Participates in the development and the implementation of strategic business plans for the Dealer channel. Develops and maintains a productive and talented sales organization to "win" in the Dealer channel.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for P&L management and makes adjustments as needed to ensure success on budget commitments.
- Responsible for cultivating and maintaining business relationships with key customers to support departmental goals and objectives.
- Research, analyze and monitor Dealer's business, sales trends, sales history, advertising/ marketing and make recommendations for increased sales.
- Implement and execute sales policies and practices within area of responsibility.
- Analyze and monitor sales against defined metrics, goals and objectives.
- Establish and manage performance goals for sales team.
- Lead cross-functional teams to increase revenue and market share with existing Dealers, new Dealers distribution.
- Participate in forecasting process and oversee the expense budget to ensure compliance with organizational expenditure requirements.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, sales or related field; or 8 years of selling experience with a minimum of a High School diploma or GED.
- 8 years of experience leading a sales team to include P&L responsibility.
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated successful ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive partnerships and work collaboratively with department, cross-functional business teams, and customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with external customers.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated successful ability to prioritize and multi-task various and conflicting responsibilities.
- Proven negotiations skills.
- Excellent project management and budgeting skills with a deadline orientation and focus.
- Ability to travel up to 75%.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- BA/BS degree
- Experience in the building industry.