As a member of the Palo Alto Networks sales leadership team you will report to the Regional Vice President of Sales for the Northeast Region. You will be responsible for building and driving the District Majors sales teams to exceed company objectives and grow the district according to plan. You will be responsible for managing the Majors sales team on a day-to-day basis including- pipeline review, Demand Gen review, Channel Review, and overall performance management of the sales team.
- Hire and expand the district to scale with the company growth and objectives.
- Palo Alto Networks has chosen to go to market with Security Focused Channel partners; you will be responsible for collaborating with key channel partners and ensuring and that they become proficient in soliciting the Palo Alto solution
- Participate in quarterly review sessions with the key partners in the region
- Have a direct involvement and influence in top opportunities, focusing sales efforts on large key accounts with the sales team.
- District travel is required
- Practical knowledge of routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
- Deep understanding of how to build a district in a fast growing dynamic environment, leveraging the channel community and creating a culture within the region that supports the objectives of the Company.
- Ideal candidates will have prior experience selling and managing sales teams in networkinfrastructure based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches.
- BS technical degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of above quota sales experience, and 5 years of Sales Management experience
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Enterprise sales experience with a strong network of in district decision makers
- Superb organizational skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to deliver above quota performance
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach