Recruiting Excellence Since 1989 Davalyn Corporation is a pre-eminent executive search firm. Our philosophy is operational excellence, total commitment to clients and the best professional standards in national and international markets.
Our very high completion rate and the strong level of repeat business from our major clients are our best references. Working in partnership with our clients, we track down and attract the leaders in the corporate world. We seek only those who are effective in what they do and are marked out as achievers in their field. In an increasingly competitive marketplace for top-caliber talent, Davalyn Corporation offers results-driven professional recruiting services to help our clients thrive.
Our client, a growing consumer goods company, is seeking a District Sales Manager.
- Development, sales, and promotion of all company products throughout all channels of business
- Primary point of contact for sales, merchandising and delivery teams at local sales center(s)
- Build and maintain relationships with the bottler sales-force, management, operations and office staff to maximize brand potential
- Provide leadership, tools and inspiration for bottler sales team
- Maximize execution of all chain promotional activities at store level – including, but not limited to: communication with chain management (vertical call), securing & building displays, maintaining proper levels of inventory, planogram execution, and point of sale distribution
- Establish and maintain positive customer relationships to increase product availability within assigned market
- Identify key decision makers for account management and contacts to coordinate the use of marketing programs, point of sale materials and sales promotion programs
- Manage a team of Areas Sales Managers (depends on market)
- Support local Field Marketing Manager to maximize program execution at a regional level
- Communicate successes, competition trends, deals, product introductions and opportunities via daily/weekly sales recaps to their Regional Sales Manager/Sales Director
- Plan and participate in crew drives or sales blitzes throughout the region, division and country to support the field team in achieving their sales goals; Some travel to other markets is required
- Check and monitor product inventory levels at the bottler and communicate potential problems to Regional Sales Manager
- Ability to be ambitious and motivated every day while working in a high energy, fast paced environment
- Must have retail account management experience within the Consumer Goods industry (Consumer Package Goods (CPG), consumer products, food, cookies, crackers, snacks, chips, beverage, etc.)
- Experience in cold call sales and territory management
- Local market knowledge
- Professional approach and demeanor
- Enthusiastic and engaging communicator
- Proactive personality with entrepreneurial skill set