The District Manager has responsibility for achieving sales quotas in all assigned territories. Responsibilities also include the supervision, training, development and performance management of the sales people with the district.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the hiring, training of Sales Representatives/Agents.
- Develops and conducts instructional sessions with sales trainees and all field sales reps.
- Supervises Account Manager/ Sales Representatives records and report requirements.
- Provides a monthly report to the Regional Sales Manager on the key elements of the district.
- Conducts performance appraisal reviews annually for Sales Representatives within the District.
- Directs Sales Representatives on new product and policy developments.
- Directs Sales Representatives in areas of divisional sales, promotion programs and the use of selling aids.
- Develops District Strategies and coordinates the activities of Sales Representatives to obtain maximum sales effort.
- Consults with Regional Sales Manager on staff performance reviews.
- Assists Regional Sales Manager in preparation of annual sales plans, marketing strategies, promotional programs, forecasts and budgets for the district.
- Knows distribution management personnel and all major end users within the district.
- Conducts annual distributor training.
- Conducts District planning and training meetings.
- Prepares and develops Field Sales Representatives for future career opportunities in National Accounts, Product Management or District Management.
- Analyzes Distribution coverage annually and makes recommendations to the Regional Sales Manager on adding, removing or aligning with specific distribution.
Skills and Experience
- 4-yeardegree in a Business.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience managing a sales team in the lighting or electrical industry.
- A sales background in Electrical, Plumbing or other home décor products is preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power Point required.