Ensure the dealers accomplish wholesale/retail sales of Kia vehicles to achieve annual objectives. Implement and monitor KMA sales & marketing policies, procedures and operating standards to ensure program(s) compliance. Provide dealer assistance in the development of effective advertising/merchandising plans & sales promotions. Work with dealership management on profitability and confirm that dealerships portray a consistent, high-quality image in the marketplace, properly utilizing Kia dealership identification, point-of-sale displays, and vehicle inventory displays. Train dealership sales personnel in the areas of sales & product knowledge to maximize Kia retail sales and customer satisfaction. Ensure that dealer development actions are completed timely and accurately.
This position will be responsible for San Antonio/Austin markets.
- Wholesale/allocate new Kia vehicles
- Develop and implement action plans with dealers that will improve/assure:
- Kia retailsales performance
- Sales satisfaction of customers
- Adherence to Kia dealership operating standards
- Coordinate dealer expansion efforts by:
- Identifying market representation needs
- Prospecting for qualified dealer candidates
- Evaluating dealer candidate proposals
- Making dealer appointment recommendations.
- Ensure dealer maintains the following to maximize Kia presence in each dual or exclusive dealership:
- Effective showroom display
- Vehicle inventory display
- Point-of-sale display
- Traffic control systems
- Merchandising activities
- Advertising programs
- Recommend corrective dealer action when dealer fails to meet sales, financial and customer satisfaction forecasts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experiencerequired
Overall Related Experience:
- 5+ years automotive experiencerequired
- Import experience desirable
- Sales and/or Parts and Service experience a plus
Directly Related Experience:
- Wholesale and retail (at dealership level) experience desirable.
- Occasional travel may be required domestically and/or internationally
- May need to work additional hours outside of normal business hours as required by the job, including weekends or holidays
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and responsible driving record
- Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft software.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Spanish language skills a plus