Purpose of Position:
This position will be responsible for developing long term, profitable business opportunities in assigned regions. In this role, will also collaborate with other departments to promote Del Monte’s product line, achieve annual sales goals and support new and existing customer accounts to ensure continued satisfaction and success.
- Responsible for achievement of targeted volume and revenue.
- Develop business growth and new products with new and existing accounts.
- Expand customer and revenue base for designated region.
- Work with the Product Coordination group to develop whole product Distribution Center (DC) business.
- Work with customers to achieve cost-efficient logistics and distribution of products.
- Manage the sales operating budget to remain within targeted numbers.
- Coordinate with the Freight on Board (FOB) Sales group, to ensure cost effective and professional management of the customer base and sales region.
- Support administrative functions as related to sales activities within the facility.
- Work closely with the Sales Manager, and the Marketing Department, to promote Del Monte's full product line.
- Review market trends, pricing and competition on a regular basis.
- Responsible for all Expos and Accounts Receivable on sales.
- Partner with the Accounts Receivable group to ensure all customer accounts are up-to-date and within company terms.
Minimum Skills Required:
- 4 year Degree (Business or related field) from an accredited institution and/or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years fresh produce sales experience (Large retailers, wholesalers, food service and small independent and cash customers).
- Previous management or supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Knowledge of transportation industry as related to produce.
- Excellent communication skills (i.e. written and oral).
Preferred but not Essential:
- Previous warehouse and inventory control experience.
- Good understanding of fresh-cut production and DC operations.
- Bi-lingual: English and Spanish.